Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On my '94 model, when mine were faulty it was the mirror ecu behind the glove box.

I got one off a scrap series one, different style slightly as there was more room for it on the

early model[ no air bag so glove box is bigger]

So try one from a breaker for your model year.

You don't say which year LS you have but on the 1995 model there is no ECU involved in the electrical mirror position circuits.

The fuse to check is Radio 2 Fuse rated at 7.5A ( underdash fuse box possibly fuse 4) but this fuse also feeds other circuits it is then basically switches and wiring to the motors ( 2 in each mirror).

The mirror select switch supplies 12 volts to the switches for the side selected and then the up/down left right switches move the motors.

The only common factor that would affect both mirrors is the fuse or a broken wire between this and the mirror select switch, if you have a multimeter check for the 12 volts on this 1st. According to the wiring diagram the 12 volt feed to this switch is a grey wire.

I assumed you would have looked at the fuses, I tried the usual test for 'juice' at the switch

and there was none.

Replacing the ecu fixed it and restored the mirror memory as well!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links