Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your boostgauge is showing i little high i think...the standard pulley would not make any more than 0.3bar i think

but if you reach that in first and second gear and i dont it must mean i still have a leak or my gauge is showing i little low

i must try an other boostguage to be sure

anyway thanks for looking it up :)

Your boostgauge is showing i little high i think...the standard pulley would not make any more than 0.3bar i think

but if you reach that in first and second gear and i dont it must mean i still have a leak or my gauge is showing i little low

i must try an other boostguage to be sure

anyway thanks for looking it up :)

I am using a larger intercooler mate, which makes a significant difference, especially at low environmental temps. Also my belt is very tight and there is no or very small slip of the belt on the pulley.

yeah it sure helps but i wont increase the boost..0.3 is max, the pulley cant make the charger spin any faster than it already does.

one more thing if you dont mind...when your car is running in idle and you close the bypassvalve by hand, can you hear a leaking/sucking sound ? i still have that sound in my intercooler

yeah it sure helps but i wont increase the boost..0.3 is max, the pulley cant make the charger spin any faster than it already does.

one more thing if you dont mind...when your car is running in idle and you close the bypassvalve by hand, can you hear a leaking/sucking sound ? i still have that sound in my intercooler

[/quote

TTE specs secify that the supercharger boost is 0.34bar, secondly the boost your gauge indicates you is after the intercooler, where you boost increases sligtly, due to the decrease of the air temp. So regardless the diameter of your pulley you will have an increase in boost after the intercooler. Now as i told you i have a bigger intercooler which helps the boost to increase. Also the values i stated i usually see them during night or early morning where the temp in low in Greece. In your place you should not have this problem and should a good pressure all day long.

• 3 weeks later...

Today i bought another small toy. A Tanabe rear brace. Since I have the front I could not go without the rear :D. So with this brace I completed the upgrade of the chassis for my car. Hopefully it will arrive when I return home in a couple of weeks. Here are some pics of how it looks.

24y62oz.jpg

24vi3yt.jpg

Today i collected the roof spoiler. It is very good quality. Plastic of course and not fiber glass copy. It matches perfectly on the roof and it is fitted nicely on the top of the rear window. It is designed to be attached on the top sided of the rear window. I took some pics after work. I finished late today so I apologise for the night pics. I will take some good ones tomorrow at daylight. Here are some pics to have an idea of how it looks. I love it and i believe it is a great buy for the upgrade of the exterior cosmetics.

2ccw64i.jpg

k4ct4z.jpg

mmvno7.jpg

2mqvjfk.jpg

5ppsgm.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i48.tinypic.com/2mpgz0g.jpg[/img

• 4 weeks later...

hey Dimitris i love yor lexus best colour to have one in like mine lol well yours is better lol i am very interested can you tell me where you got all your under car struts from and also the boot one and also the one in the engine bay if you got one ther as i want to stiffin my lex up planning to turbo it soon and also is that a hks silent hi power exhaust. Thanks

hey Dimitris i love yor lexus best colour to have one in like mine lol well yours is better lol i am very interested can you tell me where you got all your under car struts from and also the boot one and also the one in the engine bay if you got one ther as i want to stiffin my lex up planning to turbo it soon and also is that a hks silent hi power exhaust. Thanks

Hi mate, the back box is indeed an HKS Silent Hi-Power type. All the Tanabe braces and struts I purchased them from USA via eBay. The Cusco parts I bought them from Australia. The Ultra Racing bars I got them from Malaysia. The strut bar in the engine bay i got it together with the SC. I think it is just a Taiwan strut that they sell on eBay.

• 2 months later...

increasing the size of the intercooler doesnt increase boost pressure, assuming you have the most effective designed intercooler for your engine specification, you would see, no pressure drop, but the density of the air would increase, not the pressure

other than that, you have sure been on a shopping spree

increasing the size of the intercooler doesnt increase boost pressure, assuming you have the most effective designed intercooler for your engine specification, you would see, no pressure drop, but the density of the air would increase, not the pressure

other than that, you have sure been on a shopping spree

Hi, I know that mate. I did not get a new boost gauge because i fitted a larger intercooler. I wanted a more aquerate digital gauge and soon I am planning to increase the boost. I have almost all the appropriate parts to increase the boost safely, ie. 1GGTE pistons and rods, larger pulley (0.6-0.7 bar), larger injectors and soon will be getting an aftermarket ECU! I hope this will answer your questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Today it was Dimis workshop day :rolleyes: . I went to mechanics garage and fitted the LSD and also the Tanabe rear bar and Cusco Type I bar.

First job was to remove my diff. As you can see from the pic we do not have problems with rust. The housing is like new. No rust at all.

24dlqtf.jpg

The pic below shows the LSD diff. I removed as much rust as i could from the housing. Then i painted the housing to avoid further corrosion.

25anb55.jpg

Once the LSD was prepared it was time to install it on the car. The mounting was very easy.

90c1fa.jpg

After it was turn to fit the Tanabe rear under brace.

2hdrvix.jpg

2eevoyb.jpg

2cifdjp.jpg

16iwdbl.jpg

Lastly we fitted the Cusco Type I bar. The installation was a bit tricky since i had already fitted the Ultra Racing bars. We had to make same adaptors in order to install both bars.

2gx1uac.jpg

Here is a pic of everything fitted on the car:

2zsmvcn.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links