Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Formula 1 Spain

i know there's a credit crunch and Ferrari seem to be hit the hardest lol run out of petrol Derr!!!!

Jason kills it again, feel sorry for his team mate.

i missed the being - had to see the reply ----OMG-----

So did you enjoy it....i did

i know there's a credit crunch and Ferrari seem to be hit the hardest lol run out of petrol Derr!!!!

Jenson? :whistling:

Yeah dunno what Ferrari are playing at these days, really are turning into a comedy team, hope they can get their act together at some point..........

Awesome result again for Jenson, can't imagine how good it must feel to be a great driver in an awful car for so many years and finally get the opportunity to show what you're made of! And to top it off he and Rubens are such nice guys, this is turning into a great season!

Can't understand what Red Bull were doing though, they could see Massa coming down the pitlane so should have short filled Vettel to get him out in front, doesn't matter if he'd have to pit earlier as he would have been way faster than Massa.......

Jenson? :whistling:

Sorry no Speak English

(i feel like a right muppet now)

Can't understand what Red Bull were doing though, they could see Massa coming down the pitlane so should have short filled Vettel to get him out in front, doesn't matter if he'd have to pit earlier as he would have been way faster than Massa.......

Wasn't it something to do with the fact they all have been asked to fill up with the amount they put into an computer and not to short change it coz they have a chance to get in front. Something to do with safety

Wasn't it something to do with the fact they all have been asked to fill up with the amount they put into an computer and not to short change it coz they have a chance to get in front. Something to do with safety

Yeah that's what Ted Kravitz were saying. In theory they could whip off the fuel connector early, but they've been told by the FIA not to do that (presumably for safety reasons ?), and the amount of fuel has been pre-programmed.

If that is actually true, then they should have made a decision to short fill him to make sure he'd get out in front, his pace would have been so much faster that it wouldn't have mattered that he'd have to stop earlier.

They had lost their chance at the win by this point, but could have easily got 2nd place - instead they ended up 4th and it could have been 5th if Ferrari had put enough fuel in Massa's car..........

They came into the pit at the same time, so they can't really change it, as it was already pre booked into the comp.

some one please explain y some of the cars have boost buttons and some are with out, to me it sounds unfair!!!!

I hate some of the new rules they got, IE you know every ones fuel load. It takes the fun about of race.

The "boost" buttons are to do with the cars that have KERS systems. This is the Kinetic Energy Recovery System, basically a device that stores energy (typically a Battery, but could be a flywheel) when braking. This energy can be used in the race via a button the steering wheel to provide about 80 bhp extra for up to 1.6 seconds a lap.

It was up to the teams if they wanted to run with KERS or not. Ferrari, McLaren, Renault and BMW have it, the others don't, and even those four don't run it all the time.

The problem with KERS is that it adds weight, and although this extra weight can be taken out of the ballast of the car, so the car overall doesn't weigh extra, it means that with less ballast there is less flexibility to distribute the weight exactly where you want it (i.e. for optimum handling).

The original idea was for it to help improve overtaking.

They came into the pit at the same time, so they can't really change it, as it was already pre booked into the comp.

some one please explain y some of the cars have boost buttons and some are with out, to me it sounds unfair!!!!

I hate some of the new rules they got, IE you know every ones fuel load. It takes the fun about of race.

Because the boost system (KERS) is a heavy unit so you lose out there. youve got to weigh it up and make a decision.

I actually like KERS at the moment, mainly because the slow cars have it and the fast cars don't so it makes things a bit more interesting - if it was the other way round it probably wouldn't be particularly good............

Without KERS we wouldn't see the likes of Lewis and Alonso fighting the faster cars, and also things like Massa getting ahead of Vettel in today's race :)

I agree Parthiban, I think that KERS is helping the show. Eddie Jordan keeps going on about how much he doesn't like it and how we haven't had a KERS-equipped winner. As you say though, that's because none of the fast cars have KERS on ! We'd soon have a KERS winner if Brawn or Red Bull had it !

Think the BBC is doing a really good job so far with their coverage. DC is more interesting than I thought he'd be. But please, can we get rid of Eddie Jordan, he really gets on my nerves !

Think the BBC is doing a really good job so far with their coverage. DC is more interesting than I thought he'd be. But please, can we get rid of Eddie Jordan, he really gets on my nerves !

Totally agree mate, DC is interesting, and surprisingly the presenter guy isn't a complete idiot (which is what I was expecting). EJ on the other hand is way too opinionated, and the opinions are a little bizarre in most cases!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links