Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Old Mobiles

I've got a few phones I'm thinking of getting rid of, have been looking over those sell your mobile type sites and was wondering whether it's better to use them or put them up on eBay...........with the prospect of high fees and timewasting buyers am I better off just sending them off to one of these companies?

Phones I've been looking at so far and prices offered online:

Nokia N95 8GB - £140

SonyEricsson P900i - £15

SonyEricsson W950i - £29

i-Mate Jam - £20

Motorola V3x - £13

Motorola V3 - £8

What do you all think? Better let them go at these prices with minimal hassle or could I get more on eBay? All are in pretty good condition with boxes and all accessories in most cases :)

I've got a few phones I'm thinking of getting rid of, have been looking over those sell your mobile type sites and was wondering whether it's better to use them or put them up on ebay...........with the prospect of high fees and timewasting buyers am I better off just sending them off to one of these companies?

Phones I've been looking at so far and prices offered online:

Nokia N95 8GB - £140

SonyEricsson P900i - £15

SonyEricsson W950i - £29

i-Mate Jam - £20

Motorola V3x - £13

Motorola V3 - £8

What do you all think? Better let them go at these prices with minimal hassle or could I get more on ebay? All are in pretty good condition with boxes and all accessories in most cases :)

I would take both sonyEricsson phone off you mate, if they work on any network :question:

when I sell something on eBay I put it on with buyer requirements set so buyers have to be in the uk and have good feedback, and I require immediate payment, and I set the price to include the success fee and maximum postage, £7 and always use special next day

for example, stick the n95 8gb on for £165 and u'll come out with the £140 that u r willing to accept, despite eBay rip off fees

Cheers for the replies, I'm not sure I'd get a lot more for the N95 to be honest, but the others (especially the SonyEricssons) are imo worth a bit more than they seem to be offering.

Might be worth as you say just sticking a reasonable reserve price on to make sure they don't go for silly money, probably a good idea.........does anyone know how to embed photos in an eBay ad without paying eBay for the privilege?

@Gord: Cheers for the offer mate, if I decide to just send them off to one of these companies then I'll be in touch, they're both branded (the P900 is O2 and the W950 is Vodafone) but both handsets are unlocked to any network.

Cheers for the replies, I'm not sure I'd get a lot more for the N95 to be honest, but the others (especially the SonyEricssons) are imo worth a bit more than they seem to be offering.

Might be worth as you say just sticking a reasonable reserve price on to make sure they don't go for silly money, probably a good idea.........does anyone know how to embed photos in an ebay ad without paying ebay for the privilege?

upload your images to photobucket, and then copy the html code

when you make ur listing on eBay, change the tab from standard to html and paste the code from photobucket, when u change back to standard your image will appear

if the N95 is boxed with everythin and in good condition you should easily get £165

Might be worth as you say just sticking a reasonable reserve price on to make sure they don't go for silly money, probably a good idea.........does anyone know how to embed photos in an ebay ad without paying ebay for the privilege?

@Gord: Cheers for the offer mate, if I decide to just send them off to one of these companies then I'll be in touch, they're both branded (the P900 is O2 and the W950 is Vodafone) but both handsets are unlocked to any network.

Ok no problem, not looking to sell them on, they will be for my kids, as they have just about used all my old phones between them now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links