Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wash Wax Polish Buff

All,

I'm about to take posession of a MKIV LS400, Balmoral Bronze and I'm a little confused as to how I'm gonna keep it clean and looking pristine! :iraqi-info-minister:

OK I know I gotta wash it (shampoo) but what is conditioner??? Sounds like I'm at the hairdressers! And what's the difference between polishing and waxing???

I have been talking to various people and reading the posts here and I'm gonna go for the Meguiar's stuff. The website does explain a bit about the different products but it's still not clear what I need to use and how often. Obviously I do wanna protect the paint and want it to look brand new every time I take it out!

Any hints and tips??? Is it true that different products may have different results on different colours? :geek:

Welcome to the club

Meguires is the doggys

It's easy:

To clean your car all you need to do is ....

1 Wash the car using Gold Class shampoo. Rinse and dry using a hydroblade or chamois

2 Use Clear Coat cleaner

3 Use detailing Spray and clay to remove any bonded on crap

4 Scratch X for your swirls and scratches :withstupid:

5 Gold Class Wax

6 Polish with finishing cloth

in between all these stages it is advisable to drink lots of tea

as it will take all day :whistling:

7 Take photograph of car and post it on here :D

8 Go to bed

9 Wake up next morning to find bird c**p on car

Repeat............

pee.j Posted on May 13 2003, 06:17 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proof is there ..........LOOK I heard that Mr wild was

a Maguiars salesman..........it's true..........it's true   

Lol you right there Pee.j...he look just like a saleman from Maguiars........wish he did wash and polish my IS on Sunday.......... ;) :P :P :whistling::whistling:

Glad you all looked at his car on Sunday..........

He's just got it back from Lexus S (shhhh) after its service and they've added two lovely big, broad scuffs / scratches to his bumper...

I don't think Scratch X will work on those :(

Watch this space, see if they take responsibility

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links