Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Shakes/ Vibrates In Traffic Whilst In D

Hi guys hope you can help.

I bought a lexus gs300 2006 60000miles used from an approved dealer less than 2 months ago. I have driven it only 1500 miles and had all 4 brake discs and pads replaced 2 weeks ago because of vibration in the steering when braking at high speeds. that has been resolved but another prob emerged.

When stopped at traffic lights or in traffic (in D) the car starts to shake for a few seconds and then stops. at the same time the dial tht shows the revs moves down a bit to less than 500 and it sounds if the car is gonna stall like in a manual car if you release the clutch.. anyone have any idea what this could be?

Also when the car is in D and standing still and the brake is pressed if i try to adjust the electric seats (ie if i adjust the height so it is at its highest point but then try to push the button to make the seat go higher) similar shaking occurs as described above and the rev needle moves down wards again and it sounds like the cars gonna stall...

apologies my tech knowledge is a bit limited but would appreciate any feedback opinions etc before i take it in for service next week

sounds like your Battery is weak if moving the seat pulls the voltage down enough to affect idle.

Is your air con switched on? That will increase the idle rpm, may enough to stop the shaking until you can get the vehicle looked at by your dealer.

As Colin says, make sure your aircon is switched on. Mine does this too, though I must admit it's never so bad that I think it's going to stall. Switching on the aircon raises the idle revs from ca. 600 to ca. 750, which is enough to make it completely smooth.

thanks a lot for your help guys... i just wnted to make sure its nothing major that needs to be repaired .. i;ll be taking it in next week.. will let u knw what the problem was.. thanks

If it was me then I would pop into the dealer ASAP for them to have a quick check. The engine should tick over at the correct speed without the need to fiddle about with aircon or anything else. something is obviously wrong and my philosophy has always been to get problems sorted ASAP, hopefully before minor problems become major issues.

Hi irfy86, I am interested in the 1st paragraph, you said shaking/vibrating when breaking at high speed.

My car has the same problem, I want to know what was the problem in your car & what steps you took to resolve this.

Kind regards

Hi guys hope you can help.

I bought a lexus gs300 2006 60000miles used from an approved dealer less than 2 months ago. I have driven it only 1500 miles and had all 4 brake discs and pads replaced 2 weeks ago because of vibration in the steering when braking at high speeds. that has been resolved but another prob emerged.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links