Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Solicitors Demanding Money !

Saraj

Hi everyone,

another problem to add to my list of problems lol

Me and my sister contacted this solicitor to look at removing my name from a mortgage and deeds.

he sent a letter providing his costs and required our signature and some id for his paperwork

we checked with other solicitors and found another one who was cheaper, this was like 4 months ago, and cancelled with him via email.

all of a sudden hes sent a letter to my sister today demaning £49 as he carried out some work whilst waiting for us to come back to him.

ive emailed this to him

"Good Afternoon,

I acknowledge receipt of your letter in respect of the above property, and your request for payment of £49 towards costs incurred by yourself.

Upon receiving you initial letter outlining the costs and what paperwork was required, myself and my sister decided to enquire with other solicitors more local to us for comparison of which we are entitled to. We found a local company willing to do the same work at a lower cost of which we went ahead.

From what I can recall no authorisation was given by either myself or Shakela in the form of a signature to you to carry out any work to be carried out. As this would have been done at your office alongside the paperwork you required for legislation purposes.

Due to this, a payment of £49 will not be made, until such proof of authorisation is provided. This must include the work required and our signature on the same paperwork.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact myself directly on 0790544****.

I look forward to a response within 7 days, if no response, I will assume this matter settled.

--

Thanks

Saraj Ull-Din"

what do you think? i think without any paperwork he cant demand anything or am i wrong?

how'd you get on with the credit card you were trying to wipe??

credit cards lol yh still on with that aswell, long process unfortunally, majority of them have not responsed within the time frame, so are ready of a new letter.

Have you still got a copy of the letter you signed matey?

I had the same problem when i remorgaged my house a couple of years ago, and on the paperwork i signed it said they wouldnt do any work unless i instructed them to carry it out? but they still did it and tried to charge me for somthing 6 months after the remorgage had gone through even though i never used them? :o

I had the same problem when i remorgaged my house a couple of years ago, and on the paperwork i signed it said they wouldnt do any work unless i instructed them to carry it out? but they still did it and tried to charge me for somthing 6 months after the remorgage had gone through even though i never used them? :o

sounds just like me, we got the intial letter from him, and other paperwork, with no signatures at all

we didnt sign anything, the solicitor was ocntact by the mortgage lender who then contacted us with prices

ill see what he reply is, but your example is a match to mine !

sounds just like me, we got the intial letter from him, and other paperwork, with no signatures at all

we didnt sign anything, the solicitor was ocntact by the mortgage lender who then contacted us with prices

ill see what he reply is, but your example is a match to mine !

The one that did it to me even tried taking me to court for the fees, The bill they sent was for over £400, so i took the letter down in the end and stuck it under her nose with the writing highlighted saying they would not do anything untill instructed, and seem to work as i didnt hear from them again :)

just a thought... if he gets arsey

sue him for distress caused by his letter demanding £49.

a local sued the council for causing distress as they chased him for parking tickets he didnt pay. luck was on his side as they didnt show up at court and he was awarded £20,000. the council didnt pay so the court sent the bailiffs to the parking ticket office and shut them down. sure enough the council paid up but vowed to get the £20k back via appeal... as far as i know that man is still £20k richer!

just a thought... if he gets arsey

sue him for distress caused by his letter demanding £49.

a local sued the council for causing distress as they chased him for parking tickets he didnt pay. luck was on his side as they didnt show up at court and he was awarded £20,000. the council didnt pay so the court sent the bailiffs to the parking ticket office and shut them down. sure enough the council paid up but vowed to get the £20k back via appeal... as far as i know that man is still £20k richer!

i love that.

well there replied continuing to request that amount so here's my reply. my reply kinda gives away the email he sent:

"Thank you for your email,

As it clearly states in paragraph 4 of my original email, the payment of £49 is being withheld untill such evidence can be provided by yourself showing authorisation from myself and Shakela giving you authorisation to go ahead with the work required.

You state in the second paragraph that you decided to start the work out of normal procedure as you had not recieved our authorisation via the letter dated 2nd December. Which concludes the fact that you did not have any authorisation in regards to any work to be carried out.

To clarify, until such paperwork is produced which contains our signatures, the payment of £49 will be withheld.

I respectfully request that if you are aware that such paperwork does not exist, that you refrain from continuing to chase this matter.

Yours Sincerly"

Blimey, wish I'd sued over all those bizarre tickets I got and also the pothole damage, wouldn't mind a few grand for nothing!

seems like he's trying his luck. he has no legal grounds to chase you for money. make sure you keep his letters/emails in a safe place in case you ever need them!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links