Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowered Gs300 Wana Lower My Ride Plz Plz Help

hey guys

im thinking about lowering my ride. now there are quite few options. i mean like 20mm 30 mm upto 60mm.

i was wondering would you be kind enough to post picture of your gs300, gs430 or mk2 arsito and also please tell me how lowered is your car .

i just want to get an idea what it would look like with 20mm, 30mm and 40mm springs.

many thanks guys

hey guys

im thinking about lowering my ride. now there are quite few options. i mean like 20mm 30 mm upto 60mm.

i was wondering would you be kind enough to post picture of your gs300, gs430 or mk2 arsito and also please tell me how lowered is your car .

i just want to get an idea what it would look like with 20mm, 30mm and 40mm springs.

many thanks guys

Katana, lowering the car looks very nice & if you have spent a fortune on your car exterior. such as I have done on my Lexus.

The only down side of that is you must live in an area or drive your car where their are no speed bumps.

It is a nightmare for me to drive my car in area where I have never been before & local council is very aggressive on cutting down the speed in a very rude way by putting speed bumps rather than speed cam.

The 1st potential damage you are looking forward is the middle section of your exhaust & that will always be the case. If you have patience to ride a car on a bump dead slow specially the one I am pasting the link of a pic ( a very nice & polite bump, not every where in UK), which had damaged my exhaust number of time & still is the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Firetruck_cushions.jpg

Katana, lowering the car looks very nice & if you have spent a fortune on your car exterior. such as I have done on my Lexus.

The only down side of that is you must live in an area or drive your car where their are no speed bumps.

It is a nightmare for me to drive my car in area where I have never been before & local council is very aggressive on cutting down the speed in a very rude way by putting speed bumps rather than speed cam.

How much have you lowered your GS ? Surely there's a happy medium between leaving your car as-is, and lowering it so much you have a problem with speed bumps ?

I know it's not the same car, but my IS is lowered and I have not had any speed bump issues so far.

How much have you lowered your GS ? Surely there's a happy medium between leaving your car as-is, and lowering it so much you have a problem with speed bumps ?

I know it's not the same car, but my IS is lowered and I have not had any speed bump issues so far.

My IS used to be a nightmare with speed humps but that problem was due to the exhaust - Mr Shipley used to scrape his when he had the Hiper on and lowering springs, I know one day I had a full load in the car, in fact Rob was sat in the middle of the seat, and we could hardly drive down a country road as it bowed in the middle and it was seriously scratching the floor :D

As for the car I've got now, don't really tend to get issues with this one, just the exhaust flange catches every now and then but it's not so bad since I had coilovers fitted since they're firmer and don't bounce as much as the shock suspension would do.

At the minute I think this was only dropped by about 20-30mm as I needed to be able to get around and not worry about speed humps (I've been known to turn the car around if there was a big speed hump when I had the IS as I wouldn't get over them without feeling sick at the noise of everything scraping!)

p1010056dx1.jpg

It's not just the middle of the car you need to worry about, it's the front bumper also. The lower you go the more the likelihood that your front lip will catch, scrape and knock on kerbing while parking straight on but also as you pull into kerbs when parking side on. Worsened with the Mk2 GS Sport TTE lip. On my Mk1 GS Sport (lowered standard 25mm) the front would often catch on the left and right sides and this had no lip!

I think that a lowering of 25 to 30 mm is more than enough for an everyday car.

My GS300 is lowered to 40, this is what I got at the time of purchase & the previous owner had kept it to its default settings, he had not modified any body works or mechanical stuff, except light blackish tinted glass & back screen electric curtains.

The problem increases more & make my drive very unpleasant if I have passengers. checked with Lexus Twickenham for improvements, its a fortune they are asking for, so I am looking forward to do it with some non Lexus garage.

Though the good point is I have mastered the art of driving my GS in a zig zag format on speed bumps, specially the one that I posted the pic. Now it is one in ten chance that I will be hit by a very odd bump.

I wana "KILL" that engineer who originally invented this type of speed bump, wana ram him under my Lexus.

Is there any law where one can write to local council that these type of speed bumps are damaging vehicles & must be removed immediately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links