Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con Recharge

went to kwik fit earlier today and omg are they stupid! the guy didnt have a clue what he was on about and looked at me blanked faced when I asked him about pressure testing the system and oils etc. anyway, didnt get it done from there but went to another place and got the service done for £45 but unfortunatly I'm buggered as my compressor seems to have given up on me as it wont engage. When I got my car the air con worked fine even with the damage to the car but it had to be "drained" due to loads of the front being stripped during the repairs but I dont understand why it aint working now...can anyone shed some light on this maybe and where would I get a new compressor and is it an easy fix??

Lexus Liverpool recently quoted me £134 to recharge my IS. This did include a bacteria treatment as well though (which I assume is a can of £5 cleaner run through the system).

I left it a week and phoned Toyota (right next door to Lexus) and they quoted £99 for exactly the same job, I'm sure it was the same guy I spoke to, part of the same group I think. How they can vary the price so much is beyond me.

I may try the place in Widnes - I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit, half the staff are in my local one are too young to drive never mind service a car, the one's I've dealt with don't have a clue.

Lexus Liverpool recently quoted me £134 to recharge my IS. This did include a bacteria treatment as well though (which I assume is a can of £5 cleaner run through the system).

I left it a week and phoned Toyota (right next door to Lexus) and they quoted £99 for exactly the same job, I'm sure it was the same guy I spoke to, part of the same group I think. How they can vary the price so much is beyond me.

I may try the place in Widnes - I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit, half the staff are in my local one are too young to drive never mind service a car, the one's I've dealt with don't have a clue.

the treatment they talk about is a foam you spray down the vents which is left to disolve.£99 for a a/c service did they have black masks on??

the treatment they talk about is a foam you spray down the vents which is left to disolve.£99 for a a/c service did they have black masks on??

:D They probably did wish I could have seen down the phone! They also said they couldn't guarantee they'd remove the smell (currently quite nasty) and it would maybe need 2 treatments. Definitely black masks!!

Can I do get foam treatment myself? I've used the carplan spray tin a couple of times (the one that you put in the car and leave on).. but the smell comes back after a few days.

:D They probably did wish I could have seen down the phone! They also said they couldn't guarantee they'd remove the smell (currently quite nasty) and it would maybe need 2 treatments. Definitely black masks!!

Can I do get foam treatment myself? I've used the carplan spray tin a couple of times (the one that you put in the car and leave on).. but the smell comes back after a few days.

pull your glove box down and behind it you'll see a plastic door you can pull out,pull it out and you'll prob find your polin filter is very dirty(causes a really nasty smell)remove it get an other one you will find the smell will vanish.sure you can buy it though.

went to kwik fit earlier today and omg are they stupid! the guy didnt have a clue what he was on about and looked at me blanked faced when I asked him about pressure testing the system and oils etc. anyway, didnt get it done from there but went to another place and got the service done for £45 but unfortunatly I'm buggered as my compressor seems to have given up on me as it wont engage. When I got my car the air con worked fine even with the damage to the car but it had to be "drained" due to loads of the front being stripped during the repairs but I dont understand why it aint working now...can anyone shed some light on this maybe and where would I get a new compressor and is it an easy fix??

Most likely an electrical fault rather than your compressor... Clutch field winding resistance should be around 4 Ohms, check fuses, pressure switches too, if the system was working fine and now not then chances are it's something small. Give the pressure switch a gentle tap as they can stick open if the system has been depresurised for any lenght of time...

pull your glove box down and behind it you'll see a plastic door you can pull out,pull it out and you'll prob find your polin filter is very dirty(causes a really nasty smell)remove it get an other one you will find the smell will vanish.sure you can buy it though.

Ah yes the dreaded pollen filter - forgot about that. Can I get these online? I seem to remember they were around £30 from Lexus Liverpool.

Ah yes the dreaded pollen filter - forgot about that. Can I get these online? I seem to remember they were around £30 from Lexus Liverpool.

You can buy them online, yes. But the cheapest place I found was my latest Toyota/Lexus parts department, for £18.02 after a bit of a discount.

Most likely an electrical fault rather than your compressor... Clutch field winding resistance should be around 4 Ohms, check fuses, pressure switches too, if the system was working fine and now not then chances are it's something small. Give the pressure switch a gentle tap as they can stick open if the system has been depresurised for any lenght of time...

Wheres the pressure switch mate? Even I thought that it couldnt possibly be the compressor failing on me especially with the car having so low mileage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links