Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 For Mr2 Part Exchange?

flappypenguin

Hello all, im currently in the market for an IS200 as i recently started a new job and have to travel 70 miles a day there and back, i love my MR2 but its just not practical for commuting really, even though im getting about 32mpg which is pretty good for a sports car... Anyway, heres what im after and what i have to offer:

- Up to 65k miles

- Any colour apart from red or white (i dont mind the aztec fire colour)

- Half leather interior (pref dark)

- Service history

Im looking to part exchange my:

- 1995 Toyota MR2 G-Limited Import (roughly 75k miles - need to get back to you on that)

- 2.0ltr 16v

- Black

- Custom spoiler

- Ace 5 spoke alloys (slightly scuffed)

- Lowered 40mm in TEIN springs

- FSE Power boost valve (professinally fitted over 3 years ago)

- Magnex alluminium twin sports exhaust

- Momo racing style steering wheel

- Kenwood CD player

- Timing belt was done at 70k aswell as clutch

- Recently had 2 new tyers, Break calipers (front), HT leads and platinum spark plugs.

- Great runner, starts every time even in the winter.

I live just outside Dunfermline (Low Valleyfield) so the closer you are to there the better.

Paint work could do with a bit of t-cut which i plan on doing myself anyway, a few small dents here and there as its a 14 year old car... its great fun to drive, sticks to the road like glue!! ideal for someone looking to move away from luxury and comfort for thrills n spills :)

message me for pictures if your interested, please include pictures of your IS200 aswell and detail what kind of value you expect for it. Im going to see a couple at trade soon so ill update this post if i have any luck.

Take care.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Rich.

Hi & welcome to LOC Rich :D

You may be lucky and find someone who wants to swap/px but to be honest you'd probably be better off getting the G-Ltd on somewhere like Pistonheads classifieds (or go gold here & you can put it up for sale) and then picking up an IS as you'll probably get a better deal in the process :)

Hello again all, just an update... this offer is no longer available as a put a deposit on an IS200 today and am trading my MR2 in as part exchange. Thanks for reading though :)

Quick question:

does anyone know a good place to buy a replacement gear knob, as the one on the car im getting is badly faded/scratched as ar most of them i assume! cheers.

you have researched the MPG of an IS200 havent you?

Its prob the same as the mr2

I'm hoping he was referring to comfort levels there rather than mpg as yes it's unlikely to be a lot better in the lexus :whistling:

Welcome to LOC and good luck with the new car :)

thanks for the replies all... i was refering to MPG and comfort, i know they are pretty much the same on fuel consumption, but i wont drive a "luxury car" the same way i drive the MR2, so i think i'll get a little better consumption.

Will invest in one of those gear knobs asap.

btw.. if anyone is interested in the MR2 still, you have till Saturday to make me a better offer than the garage, pm me if your interested :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links