Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Induction Kits

si_is300

I've recently purchased a 2003 IS300 auto (2JZ-GE ) and having modifed both my previous cars (a mk3 16v golf gti and st205 celica gt4) its time to start on this one.

The outside of the car is stopping pretty much as it is, a TRD carbon grille is on the way, the wheels have just be refurbed and finished in a dark metallic grey which compliment the car well (its platinum ice with factory tints all round).

For a start I'm looking for a good exhaust/induction combo that remains reasonable quiet when driving to work in the morning and on motorway runs but gives off the right noises when driven hard.

After this its probably gonna be a chip, new suspension, brakes, and in time, supercharged.

I live in the UK and have been looking at bits from all the usual jap makes but still got to make a decision on which parts to order.

I'm not mechanically minded and pay a local reputable motorsports garage to do most work on my cars (they seem a little reluctant to advise on parts for the IS for some reason, i dont think they get many in tbh!) , although bolt on parts are usually fitted at a Honda dealership (the missus works for them so I pay next to nothing in labour charges).

I have read topics on various induction kits 'frying' the cars mass air flow sensor. Just wondered if anyone on this forum has come across this before, and what kits any of you are currently using problem free. I have read rave reviews on the SRT kit from the states that comes with a chip but at the moment I don't want to spend that kind of money, got to keep the other half happy and not blow every penny on the car until a wedding is paid for!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have the K&N typhoon fitted to my 300 - as do many members here. Lovely bit of kit that gives a very nice roar under heavy accel. (total doddle to fit even for the mechanically challenged like myself)

Re: exhaust: I have a HKS HiPower (non-silent) and if you want quiet I'd advise staying well clear of this one ;)

The popular choices on the site tend to be the blueflames, HKS Silent High Power and the Prolex one (which I believe is modelled on the HKS)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links