Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Keys Locked In Boot

Can anyone help me?

I have locked the keys to my IS200d '55' Plate in the boot. I have called out a locksmith who was unable to open the car or the boot as the vehicle is dead locked.

The car has key less go but is not picking up the signal from the key in the boot as it's too far away from the ignition!!! This is the only key that I have for the car. I have called a main dealer who suggested I call the RAC

Has anyone else done this or can anyone offer advise please.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Can anyone help me?

I have locked the keys to my IS200d '55' Plate in the boot. I have called out a locksmith who was unable to open the car or the boot as the vehicle is dead locked.

The car has key less go but is not picking up the signal from the key in the boot as it's too far away from the ignition!!! This is the only key that I have for the car. I have called a main dealer who suggested I call the RAC

Has anyone else done this or can anyone offer advise please.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

The keyless system should detect a key in the boot if the fob Battery is good. If you have the time, Lexus have record of the key number for your car and should be able to supply the mechanical key to unlock the boot. The Police or your Insurance company may be able to direct you to an expert who is able to break into the car to operate the boot release - there are surveys that show that the car can be broken into in under 5 minutes so somebody must be doing it! If you know someone who knows someone who knows a car thief, that is another possibilty. Failing that, it is probably going to be expensive i.e. drilling out the boot lock etc. or breaking the driver's window (cheaper) and then having to replace it.

Sadly, this is an example of why Lexus ALWAYS supply 2 keys/fobs and you should make sure you get both when you buy, or failing that get a copy made of the mechanical part of the key (which pulls out of the key body on keyless entry models). This is something a reputable dealer should ensure for you but rarely bothers.

Good Luck!

I thought it works from the back too, how else do you open the boot by just walking up to the back of the car and pressing the button on the bootlid?

Have you tried the boot release on the actual bootlid, rather than just trying to unlock the doors?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links