Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Do I Keep Getting Silly Offers?

My IS300 is on eBay, the reserve is set at £4500 which i think is reasonable?

A few People have phoned me offering £2000-£2500 AFTER an AA inspection :lol: :o

A man called, asked me every question about the car, aranged to come and see it tommorow and then asked what the reserve was, when i said it was £4500..... he replied oh no thats way more than i wanted to spend!!

How much did he think he was going to get it for??

Is it me who is deluded about the price or people just take the P**S?? :tsktsk:

I paid £8500 for it a year ago, im not giving it away.

Thats me rant over!!! :winky: :)

If you are getting silly offers keep the IS300- don't give it away! Was talking to a trader friend recently and there is no demand for big petrol engine cars now- my trader friend only sells small diesel engine cars (they are flying out of his showroom!)

I wouldn't sell my IS200 either because I know I would have people offering me peanuts for it.

BTW- what are you replacing your IS300 with?

BTW- what are you replacing your IS300 with?

Was hoping to find a GS300 SE-L or GS430 05 onwards in either black, white or caspian sky.

Some people have got some neck though offering £2000 after an AA inspection honestly, its got way more than your every day common car like Audis, BMWS that are the same age and yet im sure they would pay more for the name.

People dont have a clue! All down to personal taste i suppose.

IS300 do seem harder to sell. fuel economy is probably the biggest worry, but from what people have said it's not really that much different from the IS200.

One possible problem - I can't find it on eBay!

The fuel isnt much different, my sister has a white IS200 and we do roughly the same miles as we work together and we put about the same petrol in.

Not sure why you cant find it, its got 33 watchers

Item number:140334757183.

Im certainly not letting it go for nothing, i will put it out the front of my house tommorow if it doesnt reach reserve on eBay.

Looks good (just had a look at your auction).

But, not too keen on the grille and bumper mesh- that isn't OEM is it?

No my other half wanted it sprayed silver when he put the chrome handles on it, i wasnt sure at first but i do quite like it now.

Easy enough to spray back black, just needing the time and dry weather!!

It looks like the original TTE front bumper but just with different mesh.

Ladies_Love_Lex: It's funny I couldn't find your car on eBay mate I searched for "lexus is300", the search engine is pretty rubbish it seems. Found it off the item number.

It's interesting to see how much fuller the engine bay is with the 3 litre straight six, on the IS200 there's a big gap to one side. An old man walking past in my street asked me what I'd taken out!

It looks like the original TTE front bumper but just with different mesh.

Ladies_Love_Lex: It's funny I couldn't find your car on eBay mate I searched for "lexus is300", the search engine is pretty rubbish it seems. Found it off the item number.

It's interesting to see how much fuller the engine bay is with the 3 litre straight six, on the IS200 there's a big gap to one side. An old man walking past in my street asked me what I'd taken out!

It is the original bumper etc, the other half took it off and took the mesh out and sprayed it silver, so its easy enough to put back black.

Ive never really looked at the engine bay on an IS200 i will have to get my sister to show me later when i see her.

:)

on the IS200 there's a big gap to one side.

That's where a supercharger is supposed to go! Shame Lexus didn't put a supercharger in as standard (or a optional extra) from the factory.

I found when you put (is200,is 200,is300,is 300) in the search box you pretty much find everything, i'd love an IS300, and if I could sell my 200 i'd have one, but no one wants a green IS 200 auto with a million car park dents for some reason

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links