Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sound System Install With Stock Headunit?

In my previous cars I have always had professional looking sound system installs (all done by myself as I it’s much cheaper!) I have no problems with routing wires and wiring up and changing the stock speakers but I do have one question for you guys;

Basically I want to do the same in my IS200, I do not want to change the stock head unit as I want to keep the dash looking standard, however without taking it out to have a look I don’t know if there are phono lead ports in the back of the stock head unit. Does anyone know if it has them?

If not does anyone know how I can connect the head unit to the amp in the boot without the phono leads?

Any info will be helpful!!

Thanks guys

You need a Rockford Fosgate 360 signal proccessor. I've got one and it works a treat. Although in a way I regret buying it as 6 months after fitting I got the usual ERR3 code from my stock headunit so I'm having to change anyway.

Pm Tom-18 on here i think might be wrong.

He sent me a walk thru on how to convert the standard amp to allow you to run subs i think. Cant remember what i did with it tho!lol

here you go mate this is what you need i have this fitted and its a good bit of kit approx £10.00 from halfrods but you might get it cheaper on eBay or from an other shop what you need is.........Autoleads PC1-601 Line Output Connector

31597477e.jpg

its easy to fit as you just splice the connector into your existing speaker wires(no need to cut)then you can fit your amp and sub matey.

its not damaged the sound quality in anyway either.

here you go mate this is what you need i have this fitted and its a good bit of kit approx £10.00 from halfrods but you might get it cheaper on ebay or from an other shop what you need is.........Autoleads PC1-601 Line Output Connector

31597477e.jpg

its easy to fit as you just splice the connector into your existing speaker wires(no need to cut)then you can fit your amp and sub matey.

its not damaged the sound quality in anyway either.

Thanks for that I thought you might need something like that! I will go and see if I can get one tomorrow!

Thanks!!

Hello mate,The best thing to do is get a HI to LOW level converter,Ive found one on eBay to show you what im chating about ,Item number: 370236557143. I think I paid about £12 from (audio in motion ) winton high street,If your as inpatiant as me! Ive soldered mine directly off the rear speakers.Defently a good way to add a lot more punch to the stock system!

Hello mate,The best thing to do is get a HI to LOW level converter,Ive found one on ebay to show you what im chating about ,Item number: 370236557143. I think I paid about £12 from (audio in motion ) winton high street,If your as inpatiant as me! Ive soldered mine directly off the rear speakers.Defently a good way to add a lot more punch to the stock system!

thats just a huge and chunky version of the auto leads one !!!ie does the same thing but the auto leads one is easy hidden.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links