Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Will This Fit On A Is200?

I found a Germany guy from the European LOC that has used an aftermaket downpipe from a IS300 (like the one i found) and he fitted it on his IS200 withoun any problems. The only variation is that he removed the small muffler and added a 200cells catlayst. He pointed out that even if i do not add a catalyst it would fit easily.

hi Dimitris,

was wondering if you have any impression to share on the exhaust manifold you got form australia... I'm pretty sure there' snot many around and was wondering if you can tell us what do you think of it and if you would recommend it to other users...

I have not yet been to the dyno to check the benefits and horsepower increase of the exhaust manifold, because it is summer and the weather is very worm in Greece. Also I will fit more upgrade parts on the car in September. I can only tell you my impressions when driving the car. These are positive since I can feel the acceleration and power when I press the throttle (i can feel the acceleration after 3000rpm). I am not sure what is the difference with the OEM manifold since i fitted the DKNE manifold together with the compressor. From what i know the DKNE manifold is equal length, it is made of steel (not stainless steel) so it is light. Furthermore it is much cheaper (including the shipping charges) than the European exhaust manifolds and i was lucky since i did not pay any custom fees. Also DKNE shipped the manifold the next day i paid them (via paypal), and i received the item in Greece after one week. Lastly DKNE states that there is an increase in horsepower in standard IS200's (without sc) and actually they are waiting to send them the dyno charts of my car. I would definetely recommend the exhaust to Lexus owners. The noise is from the exhaust manifold is more droughty but not annoying, which i love it.

hi Dimitris, thanks for your comments!

I don't have a s/c but you make me feel like wantin to try out this manifold! need to see if I have a few hundreds euro laying around.. :winky:

but if now your also going to change the back section, do you think you will encounter some problems when it comes to emission test?

of course I don't know how it is over there in Greece, maybe easier to get away with these mods?

hi Dimitris, thanks for your comments!

I don't have a s/c but you make me feel like wantin to try out this manifold! need to see if I have a few hundreds euro laying around.. :winky:

but if now your also going to change the back section, do you think you will encounter some problems when it comes to emission test?

of course I don't know how it is over there in Greece, maybe easier to get away with these mods?

I past MOT last week in Athens :whistling: , and the next visit is in 2 years. I will just replace the cat section with the downpipe. When I will visit again MOT i will refit the OEM cat section (or I might fit a sport cat with 200cells, but I am not sure about the emissions, I am almost near the limit now.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links