Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Re-map

Hi Peeps, a wee (or big) bit of advice if possible. I'm thinking of getting my IS200 chipped. I'm told it gives around 14/15 BHP improvement. I can't get it just re-mapped because the Denso ECU won't allow it (so I'm told). The cost is £495 to have the chip piggy backed and the thing tested fully.

1) Is this a good price?

2) Will it/could it damage the engine and reduce it's lifetime.

3) Will it really improve my power noticiabley?

4) Will it affect mpg??

5) Overall.. is it really worth it.

Ta a lot

Col.. :winky:

i wouldnt bother....

Consencus is then that it ain't worth it. £495 for a chip and test for the small return in BHP. I can spend the money on something else nice now.

Ta for your help.

Col... :winky:

Go for a Charger!

Lol... " charger!!", I already been done for speedin in the last few weeks. One of them would get me "the jail!!!". Hee Hee.

Col.. :winky: :winky:

i wouldnt bother....

Consencus is then that it ain't worth it. £495 for a chip and test for the small return in BHP. I can spend the money on something else nice now.

Ta for your help.

Col... :winky:

I've got a Unichip that I removed when I got my Supercharger fitted that I could sell you if you are interested :winky:

Superchargerfitting022.jpg

Superchargerfitting023.jpg

Can't see everything in the photy MrMole. Wot does the chip do. Is it a piggyback? wot's the other stuff? Easy to fit yersel? Oh, and how much and what is the spec'???

Col.. :blink:

Yes its a piggy back , and you have to get someone to fit and map it.

That is all thats in the pic mate.

www.dastek.co.uk/unichip look here mate that should give you some details

Had a looky at Dastek site Moley.. Looks interesting. How much would you want for it?? Sorry for calling you "moley", but Mr Mole seems a bit formal.. lol

Col

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links