Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Front Droplink = Massive Difference

Paradroid

My suspension started clunking quite a lot a few weeks ago (more than the quiet clunks I've had since getting the car). I've had the quiet clunks checked over the the garage weren't able to find anything. Well after the problem developed they traced it to an anti-roll bar drop link, on the front - drivers side.

I got a replacement fitted and it's made a massive difference to the car. It doesn't wobble in slow sharp corners, and the steering has firmed up, it was too light for my liking. Also the car feels much more stable on the motorway.

I'm really pleased, the IS200 does actually handle well when everything is 100% :)

If anyone with an is200 has clunks and thinks their handling is not what it should be, it might be worth getting the drop links checked.

I did mine all front and rears the other day as the cusco anti roll bars have helped anhilate the previous ones. You're right, it does make a massive difference and mine werent even knocking.

I would seriously recommend having the other side done as well though - the other side would of had just as much wear unless it has been very recently changed...?

kallabungo - you're right I should really have got the other side done, but am on a tight budget at the moment, plus the drivers side has probably gone early because the suspension was damaged on that side when I got the car. It feels good now anyway, so I think the other side is ok.

SINGH182 - hard to say exactly mate, but my car has slightly loose steering, it would wobble slightly turning 90 degree bends, and there was a dull sounding clunk from the suspension on low speed bumps. It sounded like metal but not high pitched if that's what you mean.

My suspension started clunking quite a lot a few weeks ago (more than the quiet clunks I've had since getting the car). I've had the quiet clunks checked over the the garage weren't able to find anything. Well after the problem developed they traced it to an anti-roll bar drop link, on the front - drivers side.

I got a replacement fitted and it's made a massive difference to the car. It doesn't wobble in slow sharp corners, and the steering has firmed up, it was too light for my liking. Also the car feels much more stable on the motorway.

I'm really pleased, the IS200 does actually handle well when everything is 100% :)

If anyone with an is200 has clunks and thinks their handling is not what it should be, it might be worth getting the drop links checked.

This is probably a really stupid question but how can you tell if you need new droplinks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links