Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bbc Radio 2 1305 Today

Rob

martin lewis is discussing council/police tickets and private parking company scumbag invoices such as those issued at tesco etc

main point is to remember in the case of PPC invoices they are inviting you to pay and even though they send it to the registered keeper it is irrelevant as any "contract" they state is between the driver and the PPC.

keep the letters and IGNORE - never contact them!

any "ticket" you recieve from a private parking company eg NCP,excel parking etc - handed out by brain dead parking attendants at supermarkets also the ones you get if you overstay the 2hr time at motorway services, lidl,aldi etc

its an invoice - not a fine.. ignore them all, they will threaten to take you to court, give you a CCJ, eat your children and rape your dog etc etc

for anything to happen they need to prove you were the driver, knowingly entered into the "contract" then take you to court and win and then you fail to pay which will never happen.

its ANPR cameras.... they also have to prove you were aware of the signage, agreed to it and anyway the invoices all follow the basic format as being addresed to the keeper/driver/hirer which is enenforceable.

i really hope no one here actually pays these invoices - if you do then sorry to say but you have just been had!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/ skip to 1.10 then listen.

i recommend not to reply as u go to the hooked fish list but not paying is always the best option.

its ANPR cameras.... they also have to prove you were aware of the signage, agreed to it and anyway the invoices all follow the basic format as being addresed to the keeper/driver/hirer which is enenforceable.

i really hope no one here actually pays these invoices - if you do then sorry to say but you have just been had!

i recommend not to reply as u go to the hooked fish list but not paying is always the best option.

They also have security cameras dotted around the carpark. I don't think they should be issuing fines or whatever you want to call them for the mindless, ignorant, inconsiderate morons who happily park in bays designated for blue badge holders when they are not badge holders. Removal of the offending vehicles to a compound several miles away would be far more effective.....hopefully it will be made possible at some stage in the not too distant future.

They also have security cameras dotted around the carpark. I don't think they should be issuing fines or whatever you want to call them for the mindless, ignorant, inconsiderate morons who happily park in bays designated for blue badge holders when they are not badge holders. Removal of the offending vehicles to a compound several miles away would be far more effective.....hopefully it will be made possible at some stage in the not too distant future.

towing the vehicle without consent by a private firm is a big no no - if it happened to me I would have no hesitation at all to sue the company and the landowner/leaseholder who employed the PPC....its no point suing just the towing/clamping company as they norm have many CCJ's and then fold the company after a while, far better to also sue the landowner who commisioned the ppc.

but as we are talking about private land then the "blue badge" spaces are just a recommendation and do have any legal backing whatsoever. same applies for mother and child- there is no definition, i could turn up with my 70 year old mom and it would still be mother and child, but of course we all know what they mean.

As for "Blue Badge" holders that is a highly abused system and there are tens of thousands of people that have one that shouldnt... I remember recently there was a bloke who had a blue badge and was loading cement bags into the back of his builders van...mmm yes very disabled builder i thought, but of course there are the genuine cases but i suspect most people dont take too much notice of the blue parking as the system is so widely abused.

1 good point of having a blue badge in a PUBLIC area is that they are not allowed to clamp you - its just a fine

towing the vehicle without consent by a private firm is a big no no - if it happened to me I would have no hesitation at all to sue the company and the landowner/leaseholder who employed the PPC....its no point suing just the towing/clamping company as they norm have many CCJ's and then fold the company after a while, far better to also sue the landowner who commisioned the ppc.

As I said...hopefully it will be made possible in the near future...I know it can't be done at present.

but as we are talking about private land then the "blue badge" spaces are just a recommendation and do have any legal backing whatsoever. same applies for mother and child- there is no definition, i could turn up with my 70 year old mom and it would still be mother and child, but of course we all know what they mean.

It may be a recommendation but people who ignore it are still, in my opinion, ignorant, inconsiderate morons. If only they could get the disability to go with the blue badge!!!

As for "Blue Badge" holders that is a highly abused system and there are tens of thousands of people that have one that shouldnt... I remember recently there was a bloke who had a blue badge and was loading cement bags into the back of his builders van...mmm yes very disabled builder i thought, but of course there are the genuine cases but i suspect most people dont take too much notice of the blue parking as the system is so widely abused.

I agree that the blue badge system is abused but fortunately the authorities are beginning to clamp down. They now actually check on some of the badges. If the person who is shown on the badge is not present then the badge is usually revoked nowadays. Another problem is that they are being stolen from cars and sold on the black market.

Having said that, the vast majority of badgeholders have genuine reasons to have been issued with it and do not allow others to use it.

1 good point of having a blue badge in a PUBLIC area is that they are not allowed to clamp you - its just a fine

They are however allowed to remove your vehicle providing that someone remains to inform you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links