Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Part-exchange Or Sell ?

Looking to buy a used 600h, and currently have a LS400 '98. Been offered a trade in of between £600 and £1000 - so would it be worthwhile selling it privately or taking the Part-ex ? Had a service 2 weeks ago, MOT till August 2010.

Sell the 400 privately- then go and buy the 600h as a buyer with no p/x. You should be able to get a good deal on the 600h as you won't have a with p/x that the dealer has to take in.

Looking to buy a used 600h, and currently have a LS400 '98. Been offered a trade in of between £600 and £1000 - so would it be worthwhile selling it privately or taking the Part-ex ? Had a service 2 weeks ago, MOT till August 2010.

If you're going to spend £45k on a car why are you messing about with your old one. Take the trade in and spend the time you would have wasted trying to sell it to earn some more money.

If you're going to spend £45k on a car why are you messing about with your old one. Take the trade in and spend the time you would have wasted trying to sell it to earn some more money.

Sounds daft, but I suppose I want it to find a decent home ;) It's been a very reliable, lovely car and I feel quite guilty about just trading her in for a new model :)

Sounds daft, but I suppose I want it to find a decent home ;) It's been a very reliable, lovely car and I feel quite guilty about just trading her in for a new model :)

Lexus Sheffield have a nice LS600 in at the mo, ex-demo, not sure of the price though!

Go gold & advertise it on here , if its a 98 mark4 its worth more than you are being offered.

I'll give you a grand cash for it!

£1200 :)

You're blocked as a bidder!lol

You're blocked as a bidder!lol

Damnit :( :)

Hi. If you are still looking at selling, I am looking for an LS (I need a four door now).

Previously had a 1992 and a 1996 LS

Cheers

oi Steve block him too ..lol

Why am I blocked? Did not realise that I could not express interest. What is the permitted way to do this (better than me dealing with all the backyard traders and timewasters on the a/trader and for the sellers, avoids the "yeah mate, wotz yer best price" drivel.

Cheers

Why am I blocked? Did not realise that I could not express interest. What is the permitted way to do this (better than me dealing with all the backyard traders and timewasters on the a/trader and for the sellers, avoids the "yeah mate, wotz yer best price" drivel.

Cheers

relax setanta...it was a joke.

If you read the whole thread you'll understand..hopefully :0

Cheers

relax setanta...it was a joke.

If you read the whole thread you'll understand..hopefully :0

Ah, no problems. Sorry - misread and thought some rules transgression.

Cheers

aw, crap. After waiting for a little bit, I traded it in. Now I see the interest ! Aw crap. Again :(

never mind. thanks anyways.

just don't watch any Lexus for sale ads for a while ;)

I'm sure it will be advertised £2000+

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links