Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchased Wrong Car!

Ordered new car 2009 model on Thursday 3rd September, spoke about facelift exterior and new model due at motor show which is all interior differences

apart from new colour available. Paid deposit to garage, car was going to arrive Friday but arrived Monday. Was promised pictures Monday none came,

Tuesday was salesman day off, got pictures on e-mail Wednesday afternoon opened e-mail to tea time to dicover it was 2005 model same car as I own.

Was due to drive three hours Thursday morning for car. Phoned garage was offered deposit back immediately, obviously they didn't notice it was old model when arrived on the Monday! Explained I wasnt happy and was offered a deal on brand new model due for release subject to value of my car in three months time. Explained that this was costing me so much more that I wasn't interested.

Phoned Lexus UK who told me that I hadnt lost anything the sale did not go ahead, ONLY BECAUSE I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE if my wife had pcked up the car she would have signed for it.

Lexus uk customer service very unhelpful, I now have my deposit back and after being lexus owner for 9 years I am disgusted whith they way this situation was dealt with, I thought Lexus uk would have been more helpful.

Big guy wins again.!

im not really understanding your gripe, other than the basics, of

you ordered car, and paid deposit

wrong model year turned up, you got deposit back

im not seeing how your gripe is with Lexus GB, its the dealer that specified the car, id check that they did actually order a 2009 car

im not really understanding your gripe, other than the basics, of

you ordered car, and paid deposit

wrong model year turned up, you got deposit back

im not seeing how your gripe is with Lexus GB, its the dealer that specified the car, id check that they did actually order a 2009 car

My gripe is they attempted to sell me the wrong car, i did not think Lexus UK would like their brand name associated with this kind of dealings

You ordered the car from the dealer, the dealer is an agent for Lexus GB, your gripe, is with the dealer, not lexus Gb, unless they supplied the wrong car to the dealer, have you seen the order form from dealer to lexus GB

I will never know who did what, but it stinks as no more cars available in country of the type so would have to pay at least 3 grand more for new model.

Was promised car pre-registered car Sept 1st with no miles 2009 facelift model with change to exterior lights, mirrors etc which has been on promotoion.

Attempted to sell me 2005 model which I own already!

Then offered me new 2010 model for Dec delivery with no gaurantee for price of trade in

Was promised car pre-registered car Sept 1st with no miles 2009 facelift model with change to exterior lights, mirrors etc which has been on promotoion.

Then offered me new 2010 model for Dec delivery with no gaurantee for price of trade in

If you have it somewhere in writing and proof of the advert you can have the dealers under trades descriptions under mis-selling for promoting and subsequently selling you a vehicle, but later trying to supply you something other than was advertised, you can pretty much make them offer you the 'correct' car at the original price because thats what you were sold providing you have proof that they were trying to sell you the new model.

If you have it somewhere in writing and proof of the advert you can have the dealers under trades descriptions under mis-selling for promoting and subsequently selling you a vehicle, but later trying to supply you something other than was advertised, you can pretty much make them offer you the 'correct' car at the original price because thats what you were sold providing you have proof that they were trying to sell you the new model.

Everything was done verbally,

But they had the car from Monday, wrong model which I was going to pick up Thursday.

It is miss-selling but since it didn't happen according to Lexus it is in my opinion that they tried to miss-sell.

The money was in my account to pay and if I had been called away offshore to work my wife would have signed for the car

as she would have been unaware of the difference!

Is there any info available on the 250 F-Sport, Parthiban?

Is it just a package for the standard 250?

There's another thread about it on here somewhere.........actually here's the LINK that was posted up.

Looks like it's the replacement for the earlier IS250 Sport, basically looks like it has the grille, seats, steering wheel and gearknob off the IS-F plus 18" alloys and an all black interior. Not sure if it's based on the SE-I or SE-L though in terms of spec.

On the original topic, I think it's unfortunate, a bit of messing around there, but I don't think it's that big a deal, I agree with Mat.

As for that IS250 F-Sport, well that is stunning! I want one!

No your right, just wait till you think you are getting a brand new car and you dont. Any way Lexus have lost a customer who had the old model

is 200 and the is 250 for 9 years wont be buying another car from Lexus.

No your right, just wait till you think you are getting a brand new car and you dont. Any way Lexus have lost a customer who had the old model

I do agree with you mate, when you're promised something and they don't deliver it's a big disappointment, and the "no harm done" attitude from Lexus GB is unacceptable imho.

They should at least be a little apologetic, and I personally feel that the dealership should offer you the same price on a new one in 3 months time.........

I do agree with you mate, when you're promised something and they don't deliver it's a big disappointment, and the "no harm done" attitude from Lexus GB is unacceptable imho.

They should at least be a little apologetic, and I personally feel that the dealership should offer you the same price on a new one in 3 months time.........

Thought Lexus GB would have apoligised and had a word with the dealer, but the said nothing happened. But I buy two new cars in 9 years they

buy high numbers every month. What happened to the customer is always right!

Thought Lexus GB would have apoligised and had a word with the dealer, but the said nothing happened. But I buy two new cars in 9 years they

To be honest my dealer is still brilliant and bends over backwards to sort me out with my 7 year old IS, but from what I've read on here it does appear some dealers are dropping the ball recently. Best to find which is the good dealer in your area and stick with them :)

But still I think it's a blessing in disguise as the 2010 updated model is better to go for imo.

To be honest my dealer is still brilliant and bends over backwards to sort me out with my 7 year old IS, but from what I've read on here it does appear some dealers are dropping the ball recently. Best to find which is the good dealer in your area and stick with them :)

But still I think it's a blessing in disguise as the 2010 updated model is better to go for imo.

Will not purchase Lexus, and would highly recommend Lexus Aberdeen which I used for 9 years.

Both salesman and service manager bent over backwards continually to help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links