Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do you mean a Series 2 or a Series 3? I have a 2007 Series 3 GS430

Apologies, Series II 2000-2004. Although comments from Series III owners are welcome as well.

Not really sure what it is that you are asking. Had mine for 16 months and it is a terrific motor. Anything specific about them that you are unsure about?

I've had my series 3 430 for about 2 months now and I'm loving it.

A bit juicy (she's a thirsty girl) but a really "nice" car.

I've had quite a few other motors (just swapped from a Jag X-Type) and the Lexus is definitely the best that I've owned. the nearest I've had before have been a couple of Nissan QXs but they weren't really in the same league.

The only downside is that teh boot (although quite large at 430 litres) is a bit of an awkward shape and it doesn't quite fit 2 large suitcases. Don't know if that's the same with the Mk2 though.

Cheers,

Mark

Apologies, Series II 2000-2004. Although comments from Series III owners are welcome as well.

Not really sure what it is that you are asking. Had mine for 16 months and it is a terrific motor. Anything specific about them that you are unsure about?

I just wanted to know what they are like to run and own. I know they are reliable but are there any other issues apart from the 02 sensors that may need changing, timing belt at 100,000 miles, ball joints that need checking, the odd heater problem, etc. I am interested in getting a GS430 S2 (Y reg onwards) for my own personal use, probably a 50,000 - 80,000 mile example with fsh, as long as it's clean and healthy. I'd even consider a sports model but as i intend to use it daily, would the suspension on the sports be a bit hard for this? Answers on a postcard....!!

I'm interested in getting a GS430 S2. I know they are reliable but apart from changing the occassional o2 sensors , bearings , ball joints, timing belt @ 100,000 miles, minor heating issues, what are they really like to own and run? I'm not worried about mpg as I'll probably convert to LPG anyway and the car will be for my daily personal use. I also intend to keep the car for a long while.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links