Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls430

ndz

having sold my 1998 facelift ls400 last loctober due to being given a company car 330d bmw ,i never got over the lexus , anyway cut a long story short a mate of mine who owned the lexus ls430 was driving about 60mph on a motorway when his car cut off (no warning no oil light ,no overheating )called recovery who tried starting it but wouldnt turn ,had it taken to garage who tried to turn the crankshaft manually but wouldnt turn all siezed needs a new engine the garage says , my mate has just bought the new ls460 and has sold me the ls430 couldnt resist it!!!! anybody know anyone breaking a crashed lexus ls430 with a decent engine i have had a very good quote for a recondition unit for 2k with 6 months waranty wich i think is very resonable ,has anybody encountered any major problems with the 430 engine as i have known these engines as being bulletproof ,it has 160k and has been regularly serviced at lexus ??//

having sold my 1998 facelift ls400 last loctober due to being given a company car 330d bmw ,i never got over the lexus , anyway cut a long story short a mate of mine who owned the lexus ls430 was driving about 60mph on a motorway when his car cut off (no warning no oil light ,no overheating )called recovery who tried starting it but wouldnt turn ,had it taken to garage who tried to turn the crankshaft manually but wouldnt turn all siezed needs a new engine the garage says , my mate has just bought the new ls460 and has sold me the ls430 couldnt resist it!!!! anybody know anyone breaking a crashed lexus ls430 with a decent engine i have had a very good quote for a recondition unit for 2k with 6 months waranty wich i think is very resonable ,has anybody encountered any major problems with the 430 engine as i have known these engines as being bulletproof ,it has 160k and has been regularly serviced at lexus ??//

Hi might be worth trying a used unit from japan as they have only done 30,000 kms due to jap regs on emisions. there is a company in thames road barking that supply & fit jap lumps ezura is the name I think, they advertise engines for the ls400 on eBay £1400 fitted or try exchange & mart best of luck mark

• 2 weeks later...
That is unusual, must have been a freak incident if it was regularly serviced by Lexus - what did the dealership say about it?

It would be good to have a "Post Mortem" on the old engine

• 7 months later...

before replacing the engine try this i just did this on my nephew~s car an 04 mazda 6

and it worked order new crank bearings remove the oil pan which will give you acces

to the crank and bearings remove the crank bearings only one at a time look at them

if you see grooves dug into them there is the problem you will see the same marks on the

crank itself you can use plumbers sand paper to wrap around the crank it will take a little time but get it smooth and replace the bearings you will need to torque the bearings when installing you can get the specs online or if you really need an engine

the place i use is lkq 1800-423-4006 ext 2895 ask for nish tell him tony sent you

before replacing the engine try this i just did this on my nephew~s car an 04 mazda 6

and it worked order new crank bearings remove the oil pan which will give you acces

to the crank and bearings remove the crank bearings only one at a time look at them

if you see grooves dug into them there is the problem you will see the same marks on the

crank itself you can use plumbers sand paper to wrap around the crank it will take a little time but get it smooth and replace the bearings you will need to torque the bearings when installing you can get the specs online or if you really need an engine

the place i use is lkq 1800-423-4006 ext 2895 ask for nish tell him tony sent you

Very good of you to help but we are 4000 miles away in the UK :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links