Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Upper Wishbones

Well, i know its down to how low the car is but the front upper wishbones are hitting right at the top inside the wheel arches. Other than the obvious of raising the car (for the 3rd time...) is there anything i can do? Im quite tempted to cut holes out in the strut mount area where it is hitting but im not sure if that will then allow the balljoint attached to the wishbone to then go up so far that it would hit the bonnet from the inside?

I dont think the car is all that low, i dont seem to be having any troubles grinding the bottom of the car out, and the ride comfort and handling is spot on... Upgradable wishbones at all? perhaps rubber bump stops...?

Cheers.

cut a hole loose structural integrity - raise the car

You see, i did think about that - being at the strut towers where the hole would need to be cut - but would a strut brace then not counteract the hole making? Or am i being slightly stupid?

not being a stress engineer i can not give you a 100% correct answer, however as the strut towers/arch are structural and support the weight of the car via the suspension unit i would not go start cutting any holes in them. i doubt strut brace will compensate as that works in a different plane (angle).

Stiffer springs??

How have you lowered it, by cutting coils off? Sounds like it is way too soft. Any pics of the ride height and suspension setup?

6300_239295715183_512610183_8386719_2851387_n.jpg

Well thats how it was, at first... but i have raised the front to pretty much the same as what the back looks like. The back i havent had a single issue with and the guestimation on height first time round seemed to be spot on. I have raised the front twice now and used the damper settings to stiffen things up a bit and it still does it.

It's not all the time, but only when i go over a lump in the road or pothole or bank it into a corner really hard. Using BC Coilovers and cusco ARB's at the moment, i love the comfort and can feel how well the dampers work compared to the original shocks - perhaps i need to play with the spring rate so i dont have to max the damper out?

I'll probably try and avoid cutting holes out then...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links