Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Signed Up To Purchase 06 220 Se

Have just purchased a 2006 IS220D SE. Black with black leather interior and the sat nav multimedia. Picking the car up middle of next week. This will be my first Lexus and have been very impressed with the service from my local dealer (Lexus MK) so far. Am returning my 07 BMW 320D M Sport as the PCP has come to an end and BMW seem only interested in me giving them more of my hard earned money for the privalige of driving their brand. Lexus seem a bit more interested in retaining me as a customer without "screwing" me for every penny that they can. Anyway, really looking forward to getting the 220 next week. Will post some pics when it arrives.

Welcome, and good luck - this will conjur up an interesting debate. So let me start... :crying::blush:

You seem to have gone from one of the best driving diesels to one which is compromised, I believe

Yes, The BMW is a great car, good to look at and great diesel engine. But, my experience has been soured I'm afraid by the attitude of my local BMW franchise. Decided to go for the Lexus as I belive that the IS is also a great looking car with good specification and a quality image. I know that the engine and gearing is not on a par with the BMW but I'm willing to make a compromise. To be honest, I just feel that the Lexus package gives me alot more for my money than what BMW were prepared to offer me. I guess I will only really know if I have made the right decision once I get the IS and put some miles on the clock.

Best of luck with the new motor. As earlier posted, the 320 diesel engine is better than the IS220 as is the gear box. Fuel cosumption is also better on the Beamer. But, thats it. The IS i my opinion is better looking, more comfortable, more toys and they are not two a penny on the streets.

To be honest I've read of several problems with the 320d as well so I think it's just a common problem with these newer highly strung diesels......

exactly.

anyway, I also agree that beemer has better engine (to be precise - much more responsive. The consumption difference is not just matter of the engine, but also of the weight difference between both cars)

On the other hand, IS is better rounded package. Not just because of value for money.

I have pretty much the exact same spec car (Black / Black Leather / SE / Multimedia Pack) on an 07 plate which is on a company car lease due to end in April 2010.

I am tempted to go the other way, to a BMW diesel for the better engines and more dynamic ride. It's not that I dont like the Lexus, it's just that I know there is better out there. My only complaints are with the engine and gearbox though - the engine power band is way too narrow (between 2000 and 3000 revs) and the gears are too high.

However....

The level of service you get with Lexus is so much better than you get with pretty much any other marque, it really makes me reluctant to move away, even though I know there are better cars to drive out there.

A dealer did tell me that the IS diesel is being phased out over the next couple of years (its Lexus' only diesel) with hybrid technology moving down to the smaller models...

A dealer did tell me that the IS diesel is being phased out over the next couple of years (its Lexus' only diesel) with hybrid technology moving down to the smaller models...

if they will be able to keep the pricing and reliability, it will be a good move.

but sofar the pricing, for example for RX450h vs RX350 is so bad, that it is not worth to buy hybrid. (may be it is worth if you get some government tax reduction but I do not agree with this as it doesn't have any reason to spend taxes this way)

Still early days with the Lexus. I think that it's a nice looking car, interior has a quality finish and the specification is good. Just about got my head around the navigation system (I think) and the sound system is excellent. Bit annoying that some of the phone stuff and navigation can't be done on the move, but will probably upgrade the navigation disc and re-wire using the DVD and phone hack guide on these forums. Average fuel consumption is at 37 MPG at the moment, not great for a diesel, but have only done about 100 miles so far. Will have to see how this changes over the next few weeks.

Here's a few pics.

Lexus12.jpg

Lexus01.jpg

Lexus05.jpg

Lexus06.jpg

Lexus10.jpg

Lexus11.jpg

Lexus02.jpg

Lexus08.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links