Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keeping Windows Clear?

hoopdehoop

Hi,

Anyone got any tips on keeping the side windows free of fine mist now the mornings are getting colder? I leave for work quite early and cannot see out of the side windows due to fine water droplets. In my old car I could just wind the windows down to clear them but this does not work in the Lex as the seals do not make contact with the glass when winding. I dont really want to go around with a blade to clear them as im lazy :winky:

I used auto-glym aquawax all over the car on the weekend but this has not helped with this problem.

Any products out there for this?

Cheers

Hoops

Hi,

Anyone got any tips on keeping the side windows free of fine mist now the mornings are getting colder? I leave for work quite early and cannot see out of the side windows due to fine water droplets. In my old car I could just wind the windows down to clear them but this does not work in the Lex as the seals do not make contact with the glass when winding. I dont really want to go around with a blade to clear them as im lazy :winky:

I used auto-glym aquawax all over the car on the weekend but this has not helped with this problem.

Any products out there for this?

Cheers

Hoops

Rain-X works if you apply it correctly i.e. to a very clean surface.

I would recommend Rain-X over the Halfords stuff personally. I have a bottle of both and the Halfords stuff is not as good. The review gave it top spot only due to the cheaper price and larger bottle. It wasn't as long lasting or durable I found so in the end having to apply it more often would counteract the cost side.

Glass sealant kit, excellent stuff, as with the rest of the products on this link.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/car-lack-68/cat_54.html

How long does the bottle last? do you need to reapply as often as suggested (or more or less)?

i have found that it does live up to the makers claims and a little goes along way,visit detailing world and you will find that carlack is the prefered choice product.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links