Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed

androb

i know its not a lexus,but i also have a 2004 yaris and the engine management light has come on and the garage we took it to says the engine fault is P1346 vut sensor/cmp sensor circuit, range performance b1

can anyone enlighten me on this?

many thanks

P1346 (VVTI malfunction?) on the IS200 normally means the timing has been knocked out (by one tooth) after a cambelt change. Have you had a recent cambelt change on your Yaris?

P1346 (VVTI malfunction?) on the IS200 normally means the timing has been knocked out (by one tooth) after a cambelt change. Have you had a recent cambelt change on your Yaris?

not yet matey,not sure if its belt or chain??? could it be a sign it needs doing?

• 2 weeks later...
no newish toyota petrols have timing belts they are only chain driven mate.even the new diesels are coming with chains!!

Really? Are you sure about that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be surprised if that was the case...

• 2 weeks later...
no newish toyota petrols have timing belts they are only chain driven mate.even the new diesels are coming with chains!!

Really? Are you sure about that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd be surprised if that was the case...

be surprised then matey...

take it you didnt read my sig??? tdt,tlt,smt,ata and mot tester i'll break it down for ya

tdt....toyota diagnostic tec

tlt.....toyota licenced tec

smt...service and maintenance tec

ata....automotive technician accreditation licence.

so yip i'm sure!!! i get sent away on courses when the new engines come out.