Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Wing Mirror Glass

Never done one one the Lex, but have done a renault electric mirror which sounds the same as what Mr Speirs describes. When fitting the new mirror be careful of where you apply pressure to get it into the mounting clips. I used a cloth to press the mirror as it spreads the pressure over the surface and prevents the new mirror from cracking. Do not press the corners of the mirror to fit it, press directly over the clips.

From memory it unclips at the bottom first!

If your current one is broken then you have nothing to loose....

what i did was get 2 blunt knifes (table knifes) and push the mirror at the top so that it is angled up as far as it will go. Gently get the 2 knifes and lever the glass off from the bottom. It should unclip at the bottom first and the top clips will just gently pull off. replace with new glass and clip back into place. Clip it in at the top first then the bottom clips.

Hope this makes sense..... :D

Jason :P

Although it doesn't apply directly (mine is an LS 400) I do wonder where you ordered from and how much? The clips on one of my mirrors are broken and had the whole thing just pop out by itself. The quoted cost from dealer (without the glass, but fitted): £243! Hence my question.

all the best,

Although it doesn't apply directly (mine is an LS 400) I do wonder where you ordered from and how much? The clips on one of my mirrors are broken and had the whole thing just pop out by itself. The quoted cost from dealer (without the glass, but fitted): £243! Hence my question.

all the best,

Thanks for all the edvice, the glass i have ordered is off eBay, heated and blind spot, comes to about £12 not sure how good it will be but will update when it arrives.I was also qouted £35 for a complete second hand mirror also eBay not sure if you will find an ls400 though.

all the best,

Thank you for the info and best of luck with your mirror - price is right anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links