Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heavy Vibration Unber Light And Heavy Breaking

dagger

hi guys,

recently (2 weeks or so) a bad vibration has developed under any breaking >30mph.

vibration can be felt through the pedle and even by passengers through the firewall and floor.

pretty sure you're all gonna say warpped disks but is there any thing else this could be caused by?

and when buying replacement disks would i get more bang for my buck buying after market disks rather than lexus ones?

many thanks :)

hi guys,

recently (2 weeks or so) a bad vibration has developed under any breaking >30mph.

vibration can be felt through the pedle and even by passengers through the firewall and floor.

pretty sure you're all gonna say warpped disks but is there any thing else this could be caused by?

and when buying replacement disks would i get more bang for my buck buying after market disks rather than lexus ones?

many thanks :)

Almost definatly warpped discs but in this current weather it could be your abs system actually doing its job. i took at least 10 phone call last week with people saying the brakes vibrate and bang. when they explain its only on back streets and not on the main roads it becomes pretty obvious its their abs. Not calling you dumb but without seeing the car no one can give a definative answer to your problem.

i know nobody can say 100% without seeing it, i was just polling for any other reasons i could be getting the vibration, i never thought it could be the ABS, i do have a lip forming on the disks so i might change em anyway,

thanks for the info mate

• 5 weeks later...

When I had warped discs I could only feel it through the steering wheel not the peddle, but saying that only my fronts were warped.

Could be the bushes on the lower wishbone getting a bit knackerd.

O and I got EBC turbo grooved disc with redstuff pads and they are very good brakes been on three trackdays and no fade. They are cheaper than the lexus milk bottle tops aswell :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got same problem on my is200. Coming off motorway and you feel a rumble through the pedal plus the passengers can feel it.

Had my front discs changed year and a half ago and nearly crashed as new ones were warped so garage changed for another set. Have checked the discs and it looks like the same problem.

Looking into buying drilled and grooved brembos all round and see what happens.

I have had the same problem. I've replaced the discs twice, once with Black Diamond drilled and Grooved and replaced again with OE Lexus Discs and pads, the N/S hub was also replaced but the shudder always comes back.

I've also replaced the alloys.

I'm out of ideas so I've just decided to live with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links