Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisey Car

Motsey

Hi,

When i am driving my car esp on the motor way inside the car it is noisey like a window is open slightly

I dont think its been there since ive brought it but my mate thinks it has been

is there any way i can figure out where it is coming from - sounds louder when sitting in the back but i cant work out where or how is it happeneing

I was hit on the back about a year ago and it was repaired by the other persons insurance company and im thinking that could be the reason - I have been sugested to buy sound proofing sticky pads and line them around the boot area but that isnt cheap and what if it isnt the right area?

Has anyone come across this by any chance? Is the car quiet for everyone else dont have another is200 to sit in to compare it to.

Dose anyone near woking,surrey want to go for a drive and have a listen by any chance?

wow finally someone with the same problems as me (; sorry thought i was going mad

anyway the same problems happened to me after i had my car for 2 weeks all of a sudden wind noise but no windows open and no doors or seals damaged as far as i can tell , the noise is like road noise , i can hear the engine quite a bit in mine , i got advised by a mechanic that it could be tyre based as is200 like a good quality tyre

keep us updated if you manage to solve it

thanks

There is a possibility it could be from the sunroof or a window seal, one way of testing the window seals it to apply some vaseline around the edge of the window and close it, the vaseline will seal any small gaps.

Tyres do sound more likely though, even worn tyres replaced with the same kind will be far quieter when new.

wow finally someone with the same problems as me (; sorry thought i was going mad

anyway the same problems happened to me after i had my car for 2 weeks all of a sudden wind noise but no windows open and no doors or seals damaged as far as i can tell , the noise is like road noise , i can hear the engine quite a bit in mine , i got advised by a mechanic that it could be tyre based as is200 like a good quality tyre

keep us updated if you manage to solve it

thanks

cool im not alone :shifty: will try the silicon grease - never used it before but will look for some in my nearest auto factors and give it ago

So basically i put loads aroung the window seals and hope it blocks any gaps - - just to think i was just about to sound proof all my car

if it helps my noise seems to come from air circulation unit and centre console just where the gear stick is but again now joy on tracing it

p.s how loud should it be in a warmed up is200 , should you hear the engine clearly or just minutely as mine seems loud for a lexus but i could be wrong ?

i wouldnt put silicone grease on to try to stop wind noise, i put a bit on to help stop them sticking during winter times.

there was a link a while back on is.net about a guy who used round draft excluder and put it into the door seal so it provided a tigher seal and that seemed to work

i wouldnt put silicone grease on to try to stop wind noise, i put a bit on to help stop them sticking during winter times.

there was a link a while back on is.net about a guy who used round draft excluder and put it into the door seal so it provided a tigher seal and that seemed to work

What type of draft excluder? is it a spray or something? wouldnt be able to get the strip type on the window seals

if it helps my noise seems to come from air circulation unit and centre console just where the gear stick is but again now joy on tracing it

p.s how loud should it be in a warmed up is200 , should you hear the engine clearly or just minutely as mine seems loud for a lexus but i could be wrong ?

Is yours manual? If someone has been playing around with shifter they may not have put the rubber seals back in correctly (or they may have just perished). I had this problem when I put my first short shifter in. I got them around the wrong way & it let lots of road & engine noise in. Worth having a look

Hi,

When i am driving my car esp on the motor way inside the car it is noisey like a window is open slightly

I dont think its been there since ive brought it but my mate thinks it has been

is there any way i can figure out where it is coming from - sounds louder when sitting in the back but i cant work out where or how is it happeneing

I was hit on the back about a year ago and it was repaired by the other persons insurance company and im thinking that could be the reason - I have been sugested to buy sound proofing sticky pads and line them around the boot area but that isnt cheap and what if it isnt the right area?

Has anyone come across this by any chance? Is the car quiet for everyone else dont have another is200 to sit in to compare it to.

Dose anyone near woking,surrey want to go for a drive and have a listen by any chance?

Check you are not missing the strips of plastic that run down the side of the roof, I was on my lexus and I didnt notice until one day i sat in the back!

ahh never thought of that i shall have to get a mechanic if i can find one to check

Is yours manual? If someone has been playing around with shifter they may not have put the rubber seals back in correctly (or they may have just perished). I had this problem when I put my first short shifter in. I got them around the wrong way & it let lots of road & engine noise in. Worth having a look

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links