Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed!

Paolo rs200

post-31959-1262036590.jpgpost-31959-1262036590.jpgHello loc,

hope everyone has had a great christmas,

just been checking out e bay and have seen an exhaust for my altezza rs200 , which is a top speed pro-1. does anyone know if these are any good.

its from the US , the price is good too at around £160 but not sure about the quality seems a bit cheap.

wot do you guys think

make sure you have new gaskets.

i installed new gaskets, new bolts w/new springs, and new hangers.

i also got a new rear support bracket set.

give it about a week to seat before you decide to weld it.

i am still working on a minor leak myself at the center pipe/header union.

cheers for advise griderjn will get new gaskets and bolts ready,

i was also wondering this exhaust i've ordered does it replace the cat or does it join before. be handy if it does because think the cats on its way out. and their expensive to replace.

i can't tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like it bypasses the cat...

you will be able to tell when you get under there, just hold the center pipe up for comparison.

if it does not bypass the cat, then you can just get a hi-flow cat.

please forgive my question: but is it legal to run straight pipe over there?

the only reason is that the only bolt on i can see is before the cat (engine side), and this exhaust looks over 2 meters long.

think de cat pipe will only fail mot not sure if it is legal, if it is too loud then you might get pulled over. think its more to do with emissions, i had de cat pipe on my old corsa sport i.6 with a 5 inch rage exhaust and that was LOUD but never got pulled over , i would always put cat back on before mot though

• 1 month later...

hello loc

not fitted my exhaust yet been really busy. i did measure it up and found out that it does not replace the cat.

I got a quote from powerflow to make up a sports cat and fit the whole system £300.

seen this on the net and was thinking of buying only problem is its for a lexus is 300. post-31959-1265839804.jpg

a downpipe without a cat. when i got my exhaust i was told it will fit alezza and is300. will this fit?

can you help me out!

Cheers E910,

did you get that one made up or can you buy off the shelf,does that one remove the cat, cant find many parts in uk. if i cant find one might have to get one made . do you know any sites which will ship to uk.

so wot part of the exhaust system is the same is it just the backbox and middle pipe catback. i'd even put a standard one on if i could find

One of the lads on ACNZA had it made up. Bit of a waste of time & money IMO as it's identical to the factory manifold. The cat bolts up to the secondary's. I only think the rear muffler/back box is the same between the IS & RS. I'm sure a decent exhaust shop could make up what you need other wise there's plenty of sites like RHD, JPS & Nengun that ship JDM performance parts worldwide.

If you get something custom made don't forget to add a few mufflers/resonators to it otherwise it'll be stupid loud & tinny.

Here's what my Kakimoto Racing Regu.92-Z system looks like

image152og0.th.jpg

i thought that a downpipe was a tube going from the header of a turbo charged motor to the turbine?

hey paolo, you should look at the pictures in my profile, may i suggest a fujitsubo super ex,

the JDM part number is 620-23812

you may be able to order one online, like through SuperAutobacs,

i was very lucky and got mine barely used through yahoo auctions japan.

keep us posted on your progress,

i am still trying to figure out why i have gone through 2 gaskets connecting my center pipe to my header...

-

hello loc

you alright griderjn, seen your pictures i like your system but bet that was'nt cheap. dont want to spend too much cash atm. i need a pre-cat pipe and cat

been looking on the net and found this, but not sure where the sensor plugs in

post-31959-1266619082.jpg this costs £320 + vat . not sure about gaskets has your exhaust got a bit of play in it. how is it bolted together ? are u using springs

the gaskets were really a pain in the rear.

i ended up getting a silicone compound, not adhesive or glue, kind of like an industrial strength lube with semi sealant properties.

also had to put some gun gum on my header/pre-cat pipe union.

finally got the leaks all gone, but it still sounds like a Honda. need to work on the header gasket next i think.

like i said before, i used all new bolts and springs and gaskets from Toyota.

there is a possibility you will bend some flanges if you do not use the correct bolts and stuff.

but some people just weld there pipes together.

i will be in England by the end of the week.

i may be offline until then, being as i am in transit.

still working out car shipping issues.

good luck with your exhaust Paolo.

keep us posted with what you are doing and how it is going.

Hello all,

Finally got down to powerflow to get my exhaust fitted, did'nt need a cat or downpipe as they were both good working order,

so that saved me a bit of money . all in i got charged £75 to fit the exhaust which aint bad . he had to mod the exhaust a bit by cutting off the flange at the silencer end and fitted a reducer so that it bolts on. once it was done it looked and sounded the part , but the tail pipe was sticking out a bit too far, so he ended up cutting the end off a couple of inches.

ill try and get some pictures and sound downloaded when i've got time.

with this exhaust it give a nice deep roar but its a bit TOO LOUD might take some getting used to.

• 1 month later...

hello all

finally decided to take my exhaust off, i've only had it on car a couple of months,but the girlfriend aint stopped moanning. its a bit loud for me too so its got to go. when i ve got time will put on e bay for people to look at.

sorry dave and all gold members did'nt read forum rules

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links