Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

News and Update -

Having picked up my IS220d at the end of Nov (07 plate). I was disturbed to find a rattle from the dahboard (glovebox area) and an occasional snap/bang sound from the centre of the dash.

How the last owner could stand it is beyond me.

I read a few forum topics about these problems and called the dealer.

Still not expecting a great response, I was pleased to hear they would look at both problems staright away.

2 Days later, I picked the car up and all noises have gone. - Well pleased with the car now.

A big Thanks to Lexus Teeside.

Only real concern is - if these are known problems (the 59 plate courtesy car had a similar rattle), why don't Lexus just recall all cars to fix the dashboard issues. It must be better than having disgruntled owners who complain about the brand and their rattly dashboards ? Any views?

Only real concern is - if these are known problems (the 59 plate courtesy car had a similar rattle), why don't Lexus just recall all cars to fix the dashboard issues. It must be better than having disgruntled owners who complain about the brand and their rattly dashboards ? Any views?

The problem is that not all the cars have suffered from the dashboard rattles, mine for one. Recalling all the cars manufactured to date would be a major task, but I am surprised that they do not appear to have incorporated a fix on production after the complaints started to come in. The early dealer fixes were a bit hit and miss (foam padding was one), but I understand the approved fix is to fit larger diameter location pins. :unsure:

News and Update -

Having picked up my IS220d at the end of Nov (07 plate). I was disturbed to find a rattle from the dahboard (glovebox area) and an occasional snap/bang sound from the centre of the dash.

How the last owner could stand it is beyond me.

I read a few forum topics about these problems and called the dealer.

Still not expecting a great response, I was pleased to hear they would look at both problems staright away.

2 Days later, I picked the car up and all noises have gone. - Well pleased with the car now.

A big Thanks to Lexus Teeside.

hello, did they say what was the cause and what they did to remedy the problem as i have the same, but mine is out of warranty. i have heard all these horror stories and i am worried about the cost of having this sorted.. any help or info would be gratefully appreciated. thanks in advance... just been in touch with lexus and they have said this is caused by the plastic expanding when warmed up and they are aware of it. the cost is £70+vat for the labour and £4.18+vat for the part.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links