Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How Hot Can Your Lexus Get?

hello!

I am speaking about inside of the car. as we all know it is winter and in my country temperatures drop till -17 celsius. it is quite cold. there is one thing that bothers me... inside of car heats up very poorly :( i set my temp knob to 22 celsius and even on normal engine temperature AUTO mode runs fan on HI all the time and the air coming out of vents is bearly warm. even on 28+ (max heat) and fan set to HI still cant get hot enough. my friends ford focus and bmw e46 330ci can make interior uncomfortably hot. air coming out vents is so hot that it is impossible to hold hand there. even my old car toyota corolla 1992, 1.8 deasel could cook a chicken. also my parents cars, both toyota avensis make huge amounts of heat :)

I did a coolant flush last sommer. filled radiator and expansion tank to the top and checked level regulary. no leaks anywhere, water pump seems to work ok and so as thermostat.

could it be water bubble? how to get rid of it?

could heater core be clogged? because i dont know what kind of ***** was filled in there before i did the flush.

thanks ;)

On the GS, there is a valve on the bulkhead in the engine bay controlled by a cable (controls the waterflow through the interior heater matrix). If that isn't adjusted correctly, you get none/little heat out of the system. Maybe the IS has the same?

On the GS, there is a valve on the bulkhead in the engine bay controlled by a cable (controls the waterflow through the interior heater matrix). If that isn't adjusted correctly, you get none/little heat out of the system. Maybe the IS has the same?

I think I have heard somebody on one of the local Lexus forums had the same problem, and it was a problem in the heat regulator in the dashboard itself. Somehow it was not contacting or something and it was stuck on the low temperature. Possibly also worth checking ;)

• 9 months later...

Hi again!

It gets colder outside and again I have the same problem. Well, I have never solved it either...

it is cold in my car :( takes very long time for inside to heat up.

There are things I know for sure - air mix sensor works fine, there are NO air bubbles in coolant, coolant is at right level and never drops.

Do someone know in which direction the coolant flows? From upper hose to lower?

My idea is, that heater core could be clogged and I want to try to give it a water blast in opposite direction.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links