Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. I have finally notified my insurance company about spoiler.. no extra cost :D

Asked about how much extra it would cost for putting lexus mk2 alloys on my mk1 that was an extra £76.. when I asked on what the extra would be for a induction kit.. she told me total for both was £146.00 ;) what do you think does this sound o.k ?

jac

Hi jac

When I was looking for my GS300 I really wanted a sport model but could not find one at a sensible price.

I really wanted a GS300 sport so decided to gaet a standard model and upgrade to sport.

I too checked with my insurer who to my suprise said that the mods would not affect my insurance as long as I used similar parts to those on the sport model and did not substantially improve the cars performance by upping the bhp.

I have since fitted standard 18" TTE 9 spoke sport wheels, a sport rear spoiler and 25mm lowering springs.

All I need now is a mesh grille at £450+ from Lexus that will take a while yet!

I would say that the effect of fitting an induction kit will have only a negligible performance increase that's if you actually recognise the difference it makes. It will however have a audible roar that will be most satisfying and worth every penny. I would be disinclined to advise my insurer, but then my conscience will always get the better of me and I would probably declare it.

It is a mod that is on my wish list also.

Just my opinion.

Keith

tell them everything boys & girls !

you'll regret it if you don't

one day some dirty little scoundrel may just attack your pride and joy and TRUST me the insurance company will look for a way out

we know its highway robbery but don't give them the sattisfaction ofcanceling your policy when you most need it

if its only for peace of mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaybo

I Modified my GS 430 with , Hiper exhausts, lowered it 30mm, fitted 18 TTE sport Wheels, Sport grill, Sport rear spolier. :D

Told the insurance company abouy everything :D

Cost..............Zero no increase at all, and everytime i did something they sent my a new certificate which cost them but not me.

You must tell them everything or you risk loosing any claim your fault or not. :iraqi-info-minister:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links