Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Someone's Keyed My Car...

Whilst working away this week, some :tsktsk: has keyed my car - a really deep scratch in the middle of the bonnet, just above the grill. :tsktsk: Must have been the hotel's "secure" car park too... :tsktsk:

Does anyone know how much it might cost to repair such damage, and if I can claim for repair on my insurance?

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

Don't worry. A bonnet respray will only set you back about a hundred pounds, maybe one fifty. Not much more I would imagine. It's a straightforward job with very little prep, no masking or removing trim, windows etc. so that keeps the cost down.

In my opinion it would be better to keep your insurance out of it as they'll jack you come renewal time.

Lance

Whilst working away this week, some :tsktsk: has keyed my car - a really deep scratch in the middle of the bonnet, just above the grill. :tsktsk: Must have been the hotel's "secure" car park too... :tsktsk:

Does anyone know how much it might cost to repair such damage, and if I can claim for repair on my insurance?

Thanks,

Nick

I was quoted £600 to repair a 1.5 inch scratch on my wing, did it myself with a pen I got from the states, if you look VERY closely now, you might see it.

If you are fully insured yes, but I hope you have no claims bonus protection.

hi there. my drivers side front and rear door was done a little while ago. if you google sprayless scratch repair that will give you some local people who do this, they did my 2 doors and only charged me £30. what a bargain. well worth trying first before you shell out the bug bucks.

Mine was done today in Tesco car park, I asked if they had CCTV but not unless they move the camera around and they don't record it. WTF.

Anyway I think I know who did it, so I've reported it to police to investigate with car details and registration number.

Sounds like a common problem :angry: . What kind of person is it that vandalises other peeps property, and what sick satisfaction do they get out of it? Is this fairly common with other marques like Beemers (perhaps it's BMW drivers doing it in jealous rage :lol: ).

Not had a problem with mine, possibly because, as a certain IS-F driver on here remarked , it looks as if it belongs to the local drug lord :whistling:

Sounds like a common problem :angry: . What kind of person is it that vandalises other peeps property, and what sick satisfaction do they get out of it? Is this fairly common with other marques like Beemers (perhaps it's BMW drivers doing it in jealous rage :lol: ).

Not had a problem with mine, possibly because, as a certain IS-F driver on here remarked , it looks as if it belongs to the local drug lord :whistling:

None of the above. The simple fact is, you get a better class of vandal in the South Cotswold's!

None of the above. The simple fact is, you get a better class of vandal in the South Cotswold's!

Just found out I have Sade as a near neighbour, as well as Liz Hurley and Keith Allen. Guess they're fed up of getting their cars keyed :lol:

Just found out I have Sade as a near neighbour, as well as Liz Hurley and Keith Allen. Guess they're fed up of getting their cars keyed :lol:

sade will only make you feel depressed,you should be ok with keith allen if you are into illegal substances,liz hurley,now thats a plus point.

sade will only make you feel depressed,you should be ok with keith allen if you are into illegal substances,liz hurley,now thats a plus point.

or how about covering liz hurley with snow foam and watch it drip off and just drown the other two.lol

There you go and I thought it was a salect area. Would say you've a good chance of getting your council tax reduced.

Yo Bro

Respect from me and me bitches an me hommies :zee:

I as de black motah wiv de tints an de black and silver wheels

:innocent:

Rod

Yo Bro

Respect from me and me bitches an me hommies :zee:

I as de black motah wiv de tints an de black and silver wheels

:innocent:

Rod

Respect nig or I will send da bys round. Don't make me come ovah there bitch... :lol: Got da Lexus wheels an' thinks he iz gangster slap mah fro!

You will pay fo' dat nig what 'chew thinking man?

hi there. my drivers side front and rear door was done a little while ago. if you google sprayless scratch repair that will give you some local people who do this, they did my 2 doors and only charged me £30. what a bargain. well worth trying first before you shell out the bug bucks.

Hi Phil

I too have had my car 'keyed' and am looking for a similar 'bargain' fix. I googled sprayless scratch repair and a multitude of results came up, can you remember which one of them was the one that did your car? Would be much appreciated if you could remember the name of the website.

• 4 weeks later...

Well today nearly four weeks on I've heard from the Police. The 80 year old man I suspected, went into the Police station yesterday and fessed up to criminal damage to my car.

WTF is this world coming to. Supposedly he says I had caused him to brake sometime before pulling in to the car park.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links