Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza - Suger And Spice And All Things Ice

cheelek10

Hi Y'all

I have just purchased a White altezza rs200 tiptronic, and i am loving it

Was wondering if any one could answer some questions for me.

1. The car has a sat nav screen but no ICE. would it be possible to keep the sat nav screen and get it to work with in car dvd players? simalar to the dpx-9200wmp??? also could the sat nav work with uk maps?

2. The car has lexus is200 plastered on it does any one know where i can get these removed and where i could get the original rs200 and altezza badge?

3. I want to become a gold member - should i join toyota section or lexus ? is there a differance in service ?

to remove the badges use a hairdryer to soften the glue a little ( A LITTLE! DONT MELT ANYTHING) then get some dental floss and work it behind the badges.

join gold in the lexus section - lexus specific items etc

I do not know of a product that has been succesfully mated with the satnav screen - there is a panasonic unit that is meant to work but untested i believe.

do you have the genuine (original) radio in it? otherwise u will need a band expander to get the full frequencys for UK/Europe

people have tried with a UK sat nav disc but it didnt work - unless people have found a way around this????

Hi

I have the stock Sat Nav in my IS and also recently had an ICE install, the problems i encountered (or should i say the installers) where that i had to keep my stock stereo because it was integrated with the Nav, and depending on what type of stock stereo unit it was i had a 1 in 3 chance of them getting a decent high level output that they could use to then wire into and amp etc etc. luck was on my side though and they managed to find an output,

They also integrated the Dension hard disk Mp3 unit via an FM modulator, so ends well, hope this helps

Welcome to the club!! :D

Join "Gold" and i will send you a ALTEZZA badge for the back of your new pride and joy (I have just badged my altezza LEXUS!!!! - Each to there own!!!)

Richard

if you want the "normal" IS unit, be aware that there are two specs - the radio fitted to th esport and the SE has an external amp - don't make the mistake of getting the wrong one (I did and it hurt!)

Mine has the amp and I'm happily using a uk spec radio - the connectors are even the same...

1. The car has a sat nav screen but no ICE. would it be possible to keep the sat nav screen and get it to work with in car dvd players? simalar to the dpx-9200wmp??? also could the sat nav work with uk maps?

Heya

the DPX-9200 in my car is CD/MP3/WMA and MD/NetMD/MDLP, not DVD.... that's about the only thing it doesn't do.... B)

As I said on PM, converting the jap screen isn't easy... the screen might be usable on it's own, but definately not the sat/nav... or at least no-one's got it to work yet.

If you are interested in my double-din headunit, I might be selling it soon....

the head unit you are refering has dvd capability with the dvd changer.

the dvd changer has video outputs

this website is selling a audio video output convertor.

Video convertor

i am just confirming with them if it is compatible with the jap altezza

will keep you posted

Hi again Y'all

It seems like i have to finally meet my defeat. It seems i have been duped.

This Altezza is an as200

just to let you all know i aquired it from a zubi motors which "assured" me it was the higher spec model.

i should have caught on as the car has no documentation what so ever.

ok guy, to all of you that have been so helpful to me i would like to thank you for your help.

i am off altezza hunting again on the web. if anyone know of a altezza 'rs200' that an "rs200" going near surrey please contact me either by email at cheelek@priceassociates.co.uk or on my mobile 07766735975

once again thanks you've all been great

the head unit you are refering has dvd capability with the dvd changer.

the dvd changer has video outputs

this website is selling a audio video output convertor.

Video convertor

i am just confirming with them if it is compatible with the jap altezza

will keep you posted

Yeah of course, it will take an audio input from a DVD player etc, and will sound damn fine B)

But it doesn't have a screen for DVD - I presume you want to use the Sat/Nav screen...

As I indicated in the PM to you that kit won't give you TV as it's an NTSC tuner, but it'll probably work okay for an NTSC video feed if you have one.

Asam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links