Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fiber Interior Diy

wonga121

Hi guys, done some impressive stuff to my IS200 today...

start doing this at around 5, just finished few minutes ago...

although it took ages, it just looks so great that i cant wait to share with u guys!

***special thx to Justin (my dear frd)

Getting Started...

IMG_8955.jpg

Heated Seat Surround DONE!!!

IMG_8956.jpg

MP3 Surround DONE!!!

IMG_8960.jpg

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

wt a mess behind the panels...

IMG_8963.jpg

hardest part

IMG_8969.jpg

Finally... all done

IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

looks ok.

is it the 3m di noc?

could you not remove the vents in the top tray?

i think you really need to do the heater controls and also the gear surround panel.

going to do mine soon with the 3m film. im probably going to do the opposite parts tho. im going to do the parts surrounding the bits you have done, the gold parts. i really hate the colour of them. and il probably do the parts you done in silver.

it is called Carbon Sticker, i bought it from this seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3M-CARBON-VINYL-STIC...=item1c0fdbb519

haha... forgot to mention that i also wrapped my Nokia

24111_492374475057_597985057_110039.jpg

I am thinking of getting one of these (link below), wrap it with wt i got left and stick it to the boot right next to the IS200 badge so it becomes ''IS200 c '' - Carbon Edition?! LOL

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-Look-Letter-C...=item5636c22ecf

sorted_vti:

Heater control panel is really hard to wrap... as it got all the symbols on it... also, cutting that carbon thingy in perfect circle is a hard job.

reason i didnt wrap the ''gold'' parts cause for me they really like linked up the car from left to right....

anyway... rmb to upload some pics when u done :)

looking forward to it

With the heater controls, you could order soon custom stickers with the sympols and then wrap the concel then stick the stickers on.

Also to solve the problem of cutting it round you could strip the heater controls out the cut it ruffly then just tuck the over cuts in the hole, then but controls back in.

Also how hard is this stuff to work with???

that vinyl is called 3m di-noc carbon fibre.

did you pay the £35 delivery charge? if you didnt then that was a pretty good price.

with regards to the heater controls. you cant put the vinyl over the top of the numbers because they are illuminated. i have a vinyl plotter so i can transfer the design on to the pc and have the plotter cut it all out for me. once ive bought the carbon film i will sort out the cut file and il be able to do other peoples if they want me to.

the 3m film is a cast film so very plyable. it has no memory so wont revert back to its flat state after time!! you can screw the film into a ball then flatten it back out with some heat and still use it. get yourself a heat gun and start wrapping.

how much did you pay for 10 metres stav?

if you just wanted yo bring your heater controls into the carbon look thing you could buy one of those steel clock surrounds and wrap it - also maybe wrap the stainless steel add on heater control knobs although i can see the latter being very tricky to do if not impossible-looks good for a diy job though

that vinyl is called 3m di-noc carbon fibre.

did you pay the £35 delivery charge? if you didnt then that was a pretty good price.

with regards to the heater controls. you cant put the vinyl over the top of the numbers because they are illuminated. i have a vinyl plotter so i can transfer the design on to the pc and have the plotter cut it all out for me. once ive bought the carbon film i will sort out the cut file and il be able to do other peoples if they want me to.

the 3m film is a cast film so very plyable. it has no memory so wont revert back to its flat state after time!! you can screw the film into a ball then flatten it back out with some heat and still use it. get yourself a heat gun and start wrapping.

how much did you pay for 10 metres stav?

will PM you mate

not really hard to work with, just plan before action and it should be fine :)

ya, reasonable price with very good quality finish

sparkystav: Did you wrap anything on yr IS?

No i havent yet but will do i think

lmao -hawk if we were in a ww2 prison camp i think you would be the camp scavenger- you know the guy that gets cameras to make passports,corrigated iron for rooves,jcb,s for digging tunnels etc - its meant as a compliment - ive noticed you seem to find allsorts of stuff we all miss !! well done -i cant afford most of it anyway but its nice to know its out there

lmao -hawk if we were in a ww2 prison camp i think you would be the camp scavenger- you know the guy that gets cameras to make passports,corrigated iron for rooves,jcb,s for digging tunnels etc - its meant as a compliment - ive noticed you seem to find allsorts of stuff we all miss !! well done -i cant afford most of it anyway but its nice to know its out there

Well, what can I say...I like sharing the information. I think the purpose of any forum is to share information and ideas, right? Thanks for the ...uhmmm compliment.

I also have some cuban cigars...interested? Just kiddin'

How about this one?

Click

Looks slightly better...:)

tbh I think they looks very similar :)

cant really notice any difference....

Right, let's try again:

One is just vinil with 3m adhesive right? The other one is woven material just like the real thing and it requires some sort of adhesive that can be 3M as well.

I reckon the one listed would give you the feel and look of dry carbon fiber, where the vinyl will give you just the look. However, they both look good but I guess it comes down to personal preference to whether you want the very close to real thing or just close.

sorry hawk,was definately meant as a compliment-and yes i do agree , forums are the place to air and share ideas,theories,finds and facts etc,,,,,take no notice of me

Don't worry mate, you're not the only one who says that. I guess that if you're looking for something you will find it eventually. Everything, anything...an idea to your, a business idea, an item you've been looking for ...and so on.

Also, I look for things that haven't been done before...so that's why I am looking.

I know it was a compliment and I did not take any offence. Far from me that thought mate.

Anyway, which one you reckon is better in terms of durability and design as well?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links