Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet Release Not Working

Hi Folks,

I've had my car exactly one week today and I've got my first problem :angry:

Went out this morning to check fluids and a wee general inspection and was planning to give under the bonnet a good clean and the bloody bonnet wont open.

When I pull the lever there doesnt seem to be any resistance and its not springing up.

Is there any way to open the bonnet other than the lever?? Is this a common problem??

And more importantly, how much is this going to empty my wallet off?? lol

Richi

Hi Folks,

Went out this morning to check fluids and a wee general inspection and was planning to give under the bonnet a good clean and the bloody bonnet wont open.

When I pull the lever there doesnt seem to be any resistance and its not springing up.

Is there any way to open the bonnet other than the lever?? Is this a common problem??

Richi

Hi mate, try turning the key in the boot ( un-locking it ) then try the lever.

Hi Folks,

Richi

HI mate,

unlocked the car with the key, opened the boot with the key (not the button on the fob) then tried the lever but still the same.

Is the actions above what you meant??

I can feel the cable on the back of the lever. its still attached and when I pull the lever I can feel the cable move backwards and forwards.

When I first went to look at the car I had the bonnet open so it worked a week ago.

Maybe became detached at the bonnet catch end??

Richi

Hi Folks,

Richi

Thats for the boot not the bonnet

Hi Folks,

Richi

Aww mate, im sorry, i misread your post, i thought it was your boot as Stav pointed out.

Apoligise :blush:

Hi Folks,

Richi

Aww mate, im sorry, i misread your post, i thought it was your boot as Stav pointed out.

Apoligise :blush:

:lol:

I knew they had some toys but I was well confused why the boot would be connected to the bonnet.

Looks like my first visit to Lexus is coming sooner than I hoped :o

Richi

Still not having any luck with this.

I've tried puching the bonnet down, I've got a pair of pliers onto the cable behind the release lever and tried to pull it manually but its still not budging.

If I push the grill back a bit I can get my fingers underneath the bonnet far enough to work the lever in there but that doesnt release the bonnet.

Anybody know any other ways to open a bonnet??

Cheers

Richi

• 1 month later...

hi, im also having a similar problem as i cant open my bonnet either mines a 55000 mile 2002 reg is200 sport. was wandering if anyone had any ideas or how much it would cost to get this type of problem sorted?

cheers ash

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links