Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swirl Marks

alexs

Hey guys, well i recently purchased my first lexus and more importantly my first black car! I consider myself quite adapt at car detailing as I have always kept my cars in showroom condition. But after a whole weekend trying I cannot get rid of those damb swirl marks! lol so far I have cleaned it, clayed it, used paint renevator, used swirl remover, polished and three coats of wax! All of these are meguires products but they wont budge!

Any other ideas or thoughts would be greatful.

Thanks

congratulations on buying a lex and welcome to the club - it sounds to me like you may need to get someone good to give it another mop-sorry i cant really help i naver really washed mine yet

Unfortunetly all the steps you have explained you have done on the car do not reall fit into detailing what so ever. Yes it sounds like you have done all the steps you can possibly do before passing it onto a professional, and thats exactly what you need to do

The only way you will remove swirl marks properly is to use a paint depth reader over the whole car to see what panels have what thickness of paint paint and more importantly laquar to work with, then you need to use either Rotary Polisher or DA and some more up market products aka cutting compounds to work into the laquar. If you have never used a DA or a rotary polisher before i would get an old panel and practise on one first but personally id rather pay a Pro Detailer to come round and do a full paint correction, hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your purchase.

The only way to get rid of em is to get one of those smart repair guys to come round, and give it a mop. Not something you want to try if you havent done it before.

Phil.

Unfortunetly all the steps you have explained you have done on the car do not reall fit into detailing what so ever. Yes it sounds like you have done all the steps you can possibly do before passing it onto a professional, and thats exactly what you need to do

The only way you will remove swirl marks properly is to use a paint depth reader over the whole car to see what panels have what thickness of paint paint and more importantly laquar to work with, then you need to use either Rotary Polisher or DA and some more up market products aka cutting compounds to work into the laquar. If you have never used a DA or a rotary polisher before i would get an old panel and practise on one first but personally id rather pay a Pro Detailer to come round and do a full paint correction, hope this helps

I also have a black lex and polish it too much but as previously said do have alot of swirl marks as soon as you get close :-(

can you give a guidence price on a full paint correction sounds like a good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate hope this maybe help my motor is granite grey and pig to keep sweet but yesterday found something that may help heres a b c and good luck with you motor (a)wash car i use soft brush try keep water clean ie use diffrent bucket for rinse i use turtle wax shampoo in green bottle (b)then i dryed with merguiers water magnet (cloth that works like shammy)but softer ©then i used merguiers scrath x put little bit on cloth rub in then clean cloth rub off this should make look like mirror finnish then finaly i use ice polish as wipe on wipe off does not make plstics white this worked for me and all items i got from Halfords but most places would have same also if you do under bonnet wd40 makes rubber hoses look clean i will be putting before and after pics in genral pages when have time to transfer pics to pc good luck this is my advice based on my car i am not a valeter and offer my findings as a lexus fan. gary

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links