Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi everyone

im from south africa

just bought used 2006 lexus is250 se

the car is awesome

few things i wanted to find out

tyre pressue in bars? with 4 passengers? i have the 17" mags

is there a way to enable auto door locking once i start driving?

if i update my sat nav dvd will the newer one come with speed camera warnings? even if its just a predefined list like garmin's?

thanks alot in advance

hi everyone

im from south africa

the car is awesome

if i update my sat nav dvd will the newer one come with speed camera warnings? even if its just a predefined list like garmin's?

thanks alot in advance

Hi,

I'm not sure about the tyre pressures but the auto locking is only available on the late 2008 - present models. The dealers say that this feature can not be enabled on earlier models.

The newer Sat Nav DVD doesn't come with speed camera warnings. I think the only way to have them on is to add them yourself as a POI.

HTH

hi everyone

im from south africa

the car is awesome

thanks alot in advance

Welcome to LOC. the tyre pressure details should be in your user manual. i believe on 17" the PSI's are 38 for rear tyres and 35 for front. This in bars will be 2.62 bars for rear and 2.41 for fronts.

in regards to auto-lock. their is a feature that auto-locks the car at 13mph and can unlock once placed back to park. this feature is part of the Lexus Personal Setting (LPS) and has to be enabled and setup by your dealers.

Speed cameras are not a feature in many OEM sat navs and the answer to your question unfortunately is no the latest sat nav dvd would not have speed cameras. You must however be careful if you decide to buy the latest map, make sure you provide your version number to get a map that would work with your system.

If speed cameras is an important feature for you. you could get those detection based speed camera alerting devices that just hide away in the glovebox or something and when you approach a camera it will beep at you. I dont think you actually need to see the camera on your nav screen. If there is something beeping at you telling you that a camera is approaching, then you can slow down in time.

My car is Sept 07.

The Lexus dealer said that it did not have auto locking.

I spoke to the technican and after some thought he decided to try loading the data requied from a 2008 model an transferring it to mine.

It worked fine and has been for 9 months.

It is set to lock when D is selected and unlock when P is selected.

hi everyone

im from south africa

the car is awesome

thanks alot in advance

in regards to auto-lock. their is a feature that auto-locks the car at 13mph and can unlock once placed back to park. this feature is part of the Lexus Personal Setting (LPS) and has to be enabled and setup by your dealers.

Im pretty sure this cant be done on models released before 2008

hi everyone

im from south africa

the car is awesome

thanks alot in advance

Im pretty sure this cant be done on models released before 2008

thanks alot everyone

yes the sticker on the door says 2.6 in the back and 2.4 in the front.i had that pressures but with ppl in the car and a full boot.car was a bit strange on the road.i must get the shocks checked up

i'l ask the lexus dealer if they can enable the auto lockin of the doors

any other tips for me?

any small tweaks n mods?

abt the cameras.yes beeping is all i'd need

guess will just have to keep the garmin running with the oem satnav on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links