Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From An Ex 200Sx Owner!

Mr G

Hi all,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. After owning my 200SX for the last 5 years, tonight will see it being driven away by it's new owner *sob*... I finally came to my senses and decided that it was just too uncomfortable, thirsty and noisy and that it had to go.

All is not lost however as I plan on getting an IS200 (this weekend all being well) so no doubt you can expect me to be asking you guys all sorts of n00by questions!

The one I'll be looking at this saturday is here. Any good? I've looked at the spec sheets and the "things to check when viewing" thread so have an idea what to look out for.

Cheers,

Graham

Looks good mate- be a bit cheeky and offer him £2.7k- you have no got no p/x right?

Walk away if the car is not as good as described- plenty of IS200's for sale (expect more to come onto the market if petrol prices don't start to come down).

Hi bud, welcome to the club, that looks like a nice clean 200, decent price, 2 owners, good milage for 2001, service history, but not sure if it is a sport tho, it may be, but there is no sport bodystyling, sports didnt come with any bodystyling, kit's were all extra on any level of 200, it only has a high level boot spoiler, it's stance is pretty high and i think that is the grille that comes on the SE that is on the front of that motor, maybe the sport one was replaced with that??????

But check there is a master key (3button), take a couple of cd's with you to try the stereo, and dont freak out if it has a crunch going into 1st or 2nd gear when cold!!!!

If no trade in maybe even pick this up under 3K.

Happy viewing.

Deckie.

not sure if it is a sport tho

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Re it being a Sport though, is there a sure fire way of determining if it is or not? Would it say on the log book?

edit. I see that it has the two tone steering wheel, tinted rear windows, sports pedals, spoiler.

Graham

not sure if it is a sport tho

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Re it being a Sport though, is there a sure fire way of determining if it is or not? Would it say on the log book?

edit. I see that it has the two tone steering wheel, tinted rear windows, sports pedals, spoiler.

Graham

Just searched the reg on it, and it comes up a sport! happy days, log book will confirm also, obviously someone preferred the SE grille (each to their own)

but

2 tone steering wheel = SE or sport i think (someone will correct me if i'm wrong)

Tints can and often are done aftermarket

Aluminum pedals = SE or sport

Rear spoiler was an extra available on all 200's

Those pedals were sport and not SE along with similar door sills on sport but plastic on SE.

Tinted rear screen and rear side windows (with sport emblem I think) on sport but not SE.

Sport did have a boot spoiler but don't think it was a raised one like that in 2001.

Sport mesh grille was an extra even on the sport model ...

Steering wheel - think it's probably sport as on my 2001 SE it's plain black.

Obviously some people go to extreme lengths to pretend their SE is a sport :shifty:

Best of luck ...

TG

deckie - you da man!!! *not worthy* Many thanks for checking that.

Good to know it's definitely a Sport. The only thing that concerns me is the ride height. Should be 1405mm rather than 1420mm?

Man I hate being a n00b again! I now know how all the n00b's felt when they joined up on SXOC basically asking the same questions as me... :blush: :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links