Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Braided Brake Hoses

kev dood

Anyone know the cost of braided hoses for the IS200, and also where sells them??

Plus, has anyone got them on, and has piccies??? Do they make a difference?

ta

that is one nice car mate. Thanks for that.

I guess thats about £90 from HKD.

After speaking to a friend with an Elise, who has done this, he mentions his bleeding procedure is a nightmare. Have to push back pistons all the way etc etc

What is the proper way to bleed the IS200 brakes?

I have only ever done normal old cars so very easy to do!!

A PM is in your box as we speak!

Ta mate.

See this is what I really like about this site, everyone is soooo friendly and helpful. Pat yourselves on the back. :hehe:

• 1 month later...

Ok, hoses are £12 each + VAT. If you are GOLD then you get 10% off making it a fraction over £50 - not bad eh!

From TDI too by the way. And if they ask, you need 4!

Mark (TDI) - I know you said they are Goodrich ones but are the nut bits on the ends stainless steel too, or zinc plated?

Ta

What are the differences between these brake lines and the brake lines from goodridge, or TRD or Tom's ?

Why is the price difference so huge, like £50 for the ones that TDI sells and like £100 for the TRD or Goodridge? :question::geek:

Any difference in build quality, or performance, please explain.

I know braided hoses can make quite a bit of difference on a motorbike - they sharpen up the feel no end. But then most bikes don't have all the electronic trickery (Brake Assist, etc) that cars have :unsure:

The ones from TDI are Goodridge hoses. Mind you I called Demon Tweeks and they can't get them for an IS200!! Maybe TDI know they others fit etc??

I have decided against it for now, as a couple of people have said its not such a great idea for ABS cars. Apparently they rely on the expansion of the rubber hose in part for the ABS and if you don't have it you get an awful feel in the pedal!????? :ohmy:

Will see, I am not sold on it yet, either way!

Well ive never heard that Rubbish before.

What a load of drivel and codswallops...........

the reasoning behind fitting braided hoses is to stop the rubber walls of the hose from expanding under breaking......

so it would actually benifit a car with ABS as the response to the pedal will be instant, and the feedback through the pedal is sharper

I think he just meant that without that expansion in the hose, the vibration you get on the pedal would be worse!

Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger!! :unsure:

No probs, knew it wasn't meant in a nasty way etc!

Maybe I shall look into it a bit more then. A firmer feel is always prefered as they say!! :blink: :winky: :yack:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links