Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a preowned 2005 400h that I purchased from a Lexus dealer in 2007. It came with a 1 year Lexus warranty. When that ran out I took out a 2 year extended warranty through the Lexus dealer I bought the car from.

My quandry is this. The purchase plan for buying the car finishes in November this year but the current warranty finishes in July. I may or may not keep the car in November or I may trade it in for another newer model or I may change from Lexus entirely. It all depends on our circumstances at the time.

Now, should I renew my warranty through the Lexus dealer or should I keep my fingers crossed between July and November?

Another option is to buy a warranty through Warranty Direct who have quoted £549 for 12 months. Has anybody had any dealings with Warranty Direct?

Obviously the true test of any warranty is when something goes wrong.

Any help or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

JBP

My warranty runs out in November...and i'm planning to renew with Lexus. It's all about peace of mind and for me that premium, and I appreciate it's quite a large premium, is worthwhile. I plan to get rid of the car about this time next year when it would have done over 100k so fingers crossed the extra Lexus warranty will make it a little easier to sell on.

One thing you could find out is if your Lexus dealer sell a "group" warranty - I know people like Inchcape do. Might be a better buy than a "warranty direct" thing.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links