Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So, my Sat nav heard it was going to be upgraded with a newer disc and appears to have thrown a hissy fit this past weekend.

In the top left corner, where the compass thing is, just beneath it is says GPS with a red X through it. It has roughly the right area when getting in the car (Was down in Kent and it showed me there) but when travelling back home M25 and M1 it went haywire and thought I was going up in Essex somewhere all the way home. I went out and checked an hour ago and it has me listed at home again now, but I know it'll go loopy again tomorrow.

Any idea's, know where the aerial is? I removed and re-insterted the DVD but that didn't help. I've disconnected tha Battery overnight to see if that helps. But any more tips in the meantime would be appreciated.

Also, anybody know any breakers that may have some LS430's in? I need a few bits and bobs to make mine mint again. eBay turns up nothing.

Thank you,

Daniel

So, my Sat nav heard it was going to be upgraded with a newer disc and appears to have thrown a hissy fit this past weekend.

In the top left corner, where the compass thing is, just beneath it is says GPS with a red X through it. It has roughly the right area when getting in the car (Was down in Kent and it showed me there) but when travelling back home M25 and M1 it went haywire and thought I was going up in Essex somewhere all the way home. I went out and checked an hour ago and it has me listed at home again now, but I know it'll go loopy again tomorrow.

Any idea's, know where the aerial is? I removed and re-insterted the DVD but that didn't help. I've disconnected tha battery overnight to see if that helps. But any more tips in the meantime would be appreciated.

Also, anybody know any breakers that may have some LS430's in? I need a few bits and bobs to make mine mint again. eBay turns up nothing.

Thank you,

Daniel

Here you go:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/261607-gps-antenna-location.html

It looks like the newer disc might resolve the problem.

KEITH.

Any idea's, know where the aerial is? I removed and re-insterted the DVD but that didn't help. I've disconnected tha battery overnight to see if that helps. But any more tips in the meantime would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

How new is the newer disc Daniel? I was going to fork out the dosh but when I checked I think the dvd they were going to send me was 2007, and no-one at Lexus could say when or if they would produce another one compatible with the 2001 LS430

Mike

How new is the newer disc Daniel? I was going to fork out the dosh but when I checked I think the dvd they were going to send me was 2007, and no-one at Lexus could say when or if they would produce another one compatible with the 2001 LS430

Mike

I got a new disc last month (for my 2001 LS), and it states it is 2009/2010. It certainly has a newly built estate on which wasn't there prior to 2009. If you want I'll get it out and check the part numbers tomorrow.

Pete

I got a new disc last month (for my 2001 LS), and it states it is 2009/2010. It certainly has a newly built estate on which wasn't there prior to 2009. If you want I'll get it out and check the part numbers tomorrow.

Pete

Me too! :D

I got it from the Lexus Map Updates site.

KEITH.

wow great news - I'll get one ordered tomorrow. By the way my existing disk has the annoying habit of only showing place names for the smallest of villages. So for instance when you might want to see where you are in relation to Darlington the only placename you can see might be Appleton Wiske. I haven't found any options to be able to change the 'level' of place names displayed, so am hoping that the new disc will correct this bug.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links