Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondered if any body had a few answers for some questions regarding the in car entertainment system on my RX.

1.Can you play a DVD on the headrest screens and have the sound come through the cars audio system so every body can hear it. (ie, a music dvd with videos, so can be watched from rear and heard in all car)

2.Can a dvd be played in the rear and watched on the front screen aswell so the front passenger can watch it.

Have had a quick look through the book but cant seem to find any answers, if somebody could help and if possible explain in idiots terms for me to understand that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Just wondered if any body had a few answers for some questions regarding the in car entertainment system on my RX.

1.Can you play a DVD on the headrest screens and have the sound come through the cars audio system so every body can hear it. (ie, a music dvd with videos, so can be watched from rear and heard in all car)

2.Can a dvd be played in the rear and watched on the front screen aswell so the front passenger can watch it.

Have had a quick look through the book but cant seem to find any answers, if somebody could help and if possible explain in idiots terms for me to understand that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

In terms of the standard system, the answer is no to both of those questions, but I'm sure it would only take a little bit of modifying to make it possible.

Thanks

Phil

In terms of the standard system, the answer is no to both of those questions, but I'm sure it would only take a little bit of modifying to make it possible.

Thanks

Phil

Thanks

Phil

Hi there

I've had the same thoughts.

It seems that the dvd player under the front seat do have some unused/unwired features.

According to the manual and menu system it do have spdif audio out connector as well as a video switch for selecting the video source via the second video in cable. The player also have an indication LED for 'Monitor' which I'm not sure what its for yet.

I've not been able to find any information on which manufacturer and model the player do have to get the real specs of it. So I prolly need to remove it from under there and have a look at it first hand. Have you taken a closer look at yours?

What system do you have up front?

The factory cd-changer or some of the LM ones?

I have the standard cd-changer system with Nav at the moment and are a thoughtful if I should upgrade to the ML dvd-changer & amplifier and then get some kind of video switch/processor to be able to route different sources to screen(s) of choice.

Or I simple get a third party dvd-changer or a little HD home media player and the video switch/processor to route the signal.

Thanks, thats why i couldn't see anything in the hand book then!!

Phil.

The system i have is what ever Lexus fitted, its the standard unit up front and no idea whats under the seat, what ever was fitted when imported new.

All to technical for me, just needed a simple button to push, not sure when leads needed to plug here and there.

Cheers

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this can be done. I am having it done on my car very soon for £169. However! I do not have the Lexus ICE in my headrests, I have one fitted through Lexus when I brought the car by a company called John Kleis Audio in Reading on 01189 866224, it is identical to the Lexus ICE in appearance, but better quality system.

As I have an Ipod adapter fitted to the "CD Boot Changer" input they can not connect the audio out of the DVD player to that, if yours is still free perhaps that have an adapter to fit to that on yours assuming you dont have the ipod adapter. So they are going to take the audio out through a module and attach that through the FM ariel, so its between your ariel and the car stereo. They will fit a switch to turn the module on and off. If it is on and you play a film in the back it will over ride the radio, when you turn it off you are back to headphones on the rear screens and normal FM on the car stereo again.

Dont know, I would imagine this is more complicated and in breach of the Lexus audio system protocols of disabling when driving.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links