Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Make Of This Guys....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1707381.htm

I'm a bit confused as to what the hell this is. The title says "AS200 228BHP", yet in the description he goes on to say "AS 200 RS 228 BHP" and then "ITS SPORTS AUTO AND THE 240 BHP MAKES IT A VERY FAST".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the AS200 just the jap IS200 (same engine?) - in which case it'd be hard to get it 228/240BHP without some serious mods?

I'm thinking that maybe its an AS300?

I'm new to the Lexus/Altezza's so feel free to say I'm speaking cr*p and correct me :P

its an AS200

as you state its the same as the is200 and has only 150 bhp

yamaha didnt tune the engines !

So all the stuff about 228/240bhp is loblocks basically? As there's no way really an IS200 could get tuned to that without SC/TC, and he'd make a point of mentioning that?

Whats with the engine cover btw? Says Beams on it...or is that a Toyota phrase?

So all the stuff about 228/240bhp is loblocks basically? As there's no way really an IS200 could get tuned to that without SC/TC, and he'd make a point of mentioning that?

Whats with the engine cover btw? Says Beams on it...or is that a Toyota phrase?

yep loblocks

ask the seller how many cylinders/sparkplugs it has !

the AS200 has 6

all AS200's came with the beams 2000 logo on the air filter, probably just to replace the lexus logo !

yamaha only tuned the 3sge, they redesigned the cylinder head, naming it beams (breakthrough engine with advanced management system)

Typical used cars salesman bullsh*#t. Got all his facts all arse about face. It's just a JDM IS200 with the same 1GFE 2L 6cly

The AS300 only came in Gita/Sports wagon form in Japan.

7002-15.jpg

hi, if its got a beams yahama then it has 210bhp.For some reason(think its due to being less strict on emissions) jap cars built for the home market tend to have a higher bhp than those built for the european/british market.The same applies to the Mazda RX8 - European 192/231 bhp - japan 250bhp.

The difference in power between the RS & IS is due to them having completely different engines, nothing to do with emissions in this case.

Oh and the current JDM RX-8 only makes 235ps in 6MT form & the auto is good for 215ps. The UK spec 6MT makes 231ps. I think you're getting the RX-7 Series 6 mixed up with the RX-8 as they made about 250hp.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links