Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I was on the motorway when i heard a sound and it felt like the rear tyre had punctured

So i pulled over and checked all four tyres and they were fine

I sat back in the car and put the car in gear and it wouldnt go anywhere

I had the car recovered and they took the rear diff off and it has al smashed to pieces as they said that there are loads of collapsed cogs all over the place when opened

I cant get anyone to re-condition quick enough

So i would like to get some help from my fellow members as i need to know if the 2001 ls430 rear diff will fit or even the gs300 rear diff

Thanks a million

Hi

I was on the motorway when i heard a sound and it felt like the rear tyre had punctured

I had the car recovered and they took the rear diff off and it has al smashed to pieces as they said that there are loads of collapsed cogs all over the place when opened

So i would like to get some help from my fellow members as i need to know if the 2001 ls430 rear diff will fit or even the gs300 rear diff

Thanks a million

I have checked my diff and the numbers on it are

F20SZ

3-2

Does anyone know what these mean..??

I have found the only one available in the uk and it is off a 2003 sc430

the numbers are

F20SZ

3-1

Will this be ok or am i wasting my time..??

Thanks for all your help

Hi

Thanks a million

I have checked my diff and the numbers on it are

F20SZ

3-2

Does anyone know what these mean..??

I have found the only one available in the uk and it is off a 2003 sc430

the numbers are

F20SZ

3-1

Will this be ok or am i wasting my time..??

Thanks for all your help

Stick with the original 3-2.

If 3-1 is a different gear ratio ie rotation speed of the diff. in relation to engine revs

performance and or fuel consumption will differ.

If it has full Lexus service history check back and see when the diff oil was changed. It should have been done on the 80k/8 year service. Mine has done 56k and is in Lexus for the 80k/8 year now and the diff oil should be done on this service so if you have a 2001 then it should have been changed last year. If it had been changed then I would have thought that there would have been some warning of the problem with possibly tiny metal particles. The other possibility is that if the diff oil was changed then either not enough was put in or wrong type or seal/gasket leaking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links