Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking Of A Lexus - Need Some Feedback Please

Hi i am new to the lexus site and was hoping for some information regarding buying a lexus i have seen this one advertised locally and looks ok. Just thought i might ask you lot to see if it's a good deal.

its on autotrader

is200 sport

2001 (y)

silver

mot jan 2011

£3250 o.n.o

any help would be great

Hi i am new to the lexus site and was hoping for some information regarding buying a lexus i have seen this one advertised locally and looks ok. Just thought i might ask you lot to see if it's a good deal.

its on autotrader

is200 sport

2001 (y)

silver

mot jan 2011

£3250 o.n.o

any help would be great

Hey there are proberly more experienced peeps on here to give you a full guide, but from my experiences the price seems okay...(if in good nick)

Things to look out for...

Check service history (id only buy one, with full history) and when cambelt was changed (rec. at every 60k miles)

check for clutch 'judder'

any clunk and crunch noise whilst driving, common probs inc. ball joint, seized caliper pins,

also not sure if you have owned a lexus before, but they are thirsty for petrol

Would want it to be lower mileage and immaculate for th0at money, sold mine 2 months ago silver y reg 100k miles tidy car £1800.00

No cam belt change but full service history and a couple of marks i the bodywork.

Buyers market at the moment not sellers.

Russell.

I'm sure there are plenty out there with that mileage going for less. Beware the cam belt factor. Some owners think it is 100K, because that is what the book says. It is an expensive job at Lexus dealers so some will sell just before. At 100K it is coming due for its 2nd belt at 120K. Really though, treat it like buying any other car of that mileage. Do not worry too much about the cost of consumables. There are plenty on the road so common parts are not overly expensive. Other parts are.

Best of luck.

As above really. I bought min least september 02 reg se with 62k on the clock in good condition with only a minor scuff on the back bumper and wheels needed refurbing. it was up for £4500 and i gave him £4k for it. needs the belt doing but still.

If it was me i would try for a lower milage one possibly.

Check the condition of the alloys . . . a relatively easy fix but can b time consuming and another added expense too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links