Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kerbed And Now Flaking Alloys - Advice Please

Ok I admit I have kerbed my alloys. Its not the first car I have done it ( yes I know - be more careful!) But it's the first time I have sen big chunks of flaking alloy come away from them. Should I push for a replacement or might I be given the cold shoulder and told that's what kerbing does for you?

Just back from the dealer as car is out of warranty in August and they agreed to fit 3rd set of alloys to car no problem, in fairness to them the nearside front was really bad.

There was flaking on one of the spokes so was prepared to fight it out with them but no hassle at all..

post-19906-127773815239.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the dealer as car is out of warranty in August and they agreed to fit 3rd set of alloys to car no problem, in fairness to them the nearside front was really bad.

There was flaking on one of the spokes so was prepared to fight it out with them but no hassle at all..

post-19906-127773815239.jpg

Hi all,

I had my alloys on my IS250 SEL replaced under warranty (corrosion etc) plus some kerbing. I then found this product, new to this country...."Alloygator". These are a hard synthetic nylon insert which fits over the rim and protects it. Its DIY job, you have to deflate the tyrse to install them, and they work a treat, look smart and there are several colours. The guy who runs the firm, Kurt is expanding the number of wheels they fit and I posted the pics of my car on his web site...www.alloygator.co.uk. I did nudge a kerb, accidently, and they stopped damage and just needed a little scrape with the back of a knife to restore the finish. £39.95 for a set of 4. ( I have no connection with the firm, just highly delighted with the product and service.

Regards

Ray

Hi all,

I had my alloys on my IS250 SEL replaced under warranty (corrosion etc) plus some kerbing. I then found this product, new to this country...."Alloygator". These are a hard synthetic nylon insert which fits over the rim and protects it. Its DIY job, you have to deflate the tyrse to install them, and they work a treat, look smart and there are several colours. The guy who runs the firm, Kurt is expanding the number of wheels they fit and I posted the pics of my car on his web site...www.alloygator.co.uk. I did nudge a kerb, accidently, and they stopped damage and just needed a little scrape with the back of a knife to restore the finish. £39.95 for a set of 4. ( I have no connection with the firm, just highly delighted with the product and service.

Regards

Ray

They look very interesting. Had a look through the gallery on their website but couldn't find a lex.

Where did you hide your pics on there ? Did find some wheels like mine though in image no 39 and 40.

Tempted to get some but curious about the price. You say 39.95 but on the site it's 44.06

Am I looking in the right place or was that a deal ?

TG