Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Hard To Replace

Hello all , as you may know ive not been on here for a bit as trying to replace the is200 with a discovery es or shogun warrior so seem to be doing mega miles and then the suppoosedly better cars the other end are just not right in some way ie hpi fail,crash repaired unrecorded,doggy engines , doggy gearboxes , and just plain drive like a bag of s**t by comparison to my is - getting good offers on the is unsurprisingly as it has fsh and every old mot to prove low miles and is totally hpi clear as well as looking great but i have to say these features are hard to find imo on the kind of car im after without paying over the odds - so the lex and i have munched a lot of miles the last few weeks and it hasnt missed a beat and puts most cars im test driving at £8k very firmly in the shade - what a shame its too small as id be in the right car already

lloyd my mate is trying to talk me into an ml too - does seem to be a few about,might go test one but got my heart set on an es really - just waiting for a call from main dealer in dorset as they have one at sensible miles but wont accept cash for it ???? so will have to pay by card and wait three days before shlapping back down there to collect !! crazy-i know its to stop money laundering but i have nothing to hide in that respect so annoying,,still fingers crossed -

parthibian need a seven seater as need to fit in two full siza babyseats and two full size passengers as well as myself

Sorry missed the part where you needed 7 seats :blush:

Slightly alternative choice but have you looked at the Volvo XC90? That's probably the best choice imho, the MLs are quite unreliable if we're talking about the last generation (came bottom of JD Power survey one year if I'm not mistaken)

gone and done it !!! 2002 discovery es facelift fsh etc etc - got good trade in for the lex as well - managed to keep the two oem lexus keyrings,tax disc holder ( brushed alloy) and the new oem chrome gearknob i bought in jan so will probably put that lot on eBay if i dont keep em as momento,s - goodbye lexus is200,, ill still pop in here from time to time - thanks for all your help guys what an invaluable site so full of good advice and people apart from the reccomendations to go to wim

Ohh what does your lexus keyring look like? im after a keyring and also a nice knob too :D how much you want for it? or are you going to keep it as a momento?

ill put some pics up maybe - gearknob was £32 from lexus so cheap really - i may keep em or see if a couple of people on here who have been a big help to me need em and just give them to them if they need em tbh - not sure really as never seen keyrings like em but too nice to let go with the car,look oem to me - taxdisc holder is the proper lexus engraved oem one which you have to undo 6 allen key bolts to change the tax disc !! also got a set of plastic mouldings for underneath the car if anyone has a set which are cracked and need replacing , free to collecter if anyone wants em

ill put some pics up maybe - gearknob was £32 from lexus so cheap really - i may keep em or see if a couple of people on here who have been a big help to me need em and just give them to them if they need em tbh - not sure really as never seen keyrings like em but too nice to let go with the car,look oem to me - taxdisc holder is the proper lexus engraved oem one which you have to undo 6 allen key bolts to change the tax disc !! also got a set of plastic mouldings for underneath the car if anyone has a set which are cracked and need replacing , free to collecter if anyone wants em

Hi buddy I have been reading your post about leaving the lexus and getting your es, I'm glad to here you found a good one and have done the deal so to speak. As you mentioned your gear knob is looking for a home I wanted to express an interest too, my current one is scratched and I'd love to get an oem replacement.

I take it that the knob is the kind that has the shiny ball on top and the grey bottom half. Just asking because this is what is currently on my car and I'd like to replace like with like. Anyway if you let me know that would be great I could pay via paypal if you like.

Anyway whatever happens I'll be sad to see you as an IS200 owner leave the forum, enjoy your Disco!

Hiya mate,

got a hell of a dilemma there ! lol

have you looked at the Merc M classes? some of them are 7 seaters and seem to be quite cheap atm. Just a thought ?

Hi Lloyd mate,

this is for the information only for all the members here:

the Merc M classes is the worst car MB ever made, I run a National German car parts company, looking at the parts we sell on to the market, and feedbacks from the garages we supply, Don't get anywhere close to a M class

Felix

ditto felix ive heard bad things about mls too - never got to test one thankfully as bought a discovery td5 es with a remap - performance and economy seems a bit better then the is200 which is a shocker from a brick shaped diesel - mind you its early days yet and i will be calculating figures after a few brim ups

• 2 weeks later...

Wotcher Nik, I grieve with you for the loss of your Lexy, but glad you've got summat you really want in its place.

The plastic undercart bits you mention, are you talking about mudflaps etc? Cos mine are shot and I'd be willing to cover all your costs in getting them to me and paying you a fair price for them too if it's what I need.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links