Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there all,

I just bought IS220d SE-L. she is out of warranty.

I noticed that the camera guide lines are not straight in the box when the wheels are straight.

i have attached the picture to show what i mean.

i need to know is there a way to reset the guide lines?

in the picture is looks like the car wheels are turned but they are straight. the car does have after market wheels. not sure if that would make a difference.

post-5597-128083719839.jpg

edit take the car in to the garage you bought it from and tell them that there is a problem with the nav unit (reverse camera)

because you have only just bought it the garage should have to fix this as long as it withing the first 30 days i think (somebody correct me if i am wrong) i think it comes under something like not fit for purpose

plus all garages must offer at least a 30 day warrenty most do 3 months standard

found this from advice guide

If you think that any of these might apply to your situation, before taking any action against the seller, you should report the matter to Consumer Direct on 0845 404 0506. Also, in the case of personal injury, you should take legal advice on your claim.

Refund

Whether you can return the car and demand your money back depends in part on how long you have had the car and how many miles it has travelled before reporting the fault. If the fault is serious and you have not done many miles and return (reject) it very shortly after purchase, you may be entitled to a full refund. If, however, you keep the car for a longer time without returning it, you may lose this right, although you may still be entitled to ask for the fault to be rectified. If you are entitled to a refund, this will include both the money you paid for the faulty car and the return of any part-exchanged car. If the part-exchanged car has since been sold, you are entitled to the cash value as represented on your paperwork.

Replacement or repair

If the car is faulty and you have left it too late to claim a refund or you don't want one, you can ask the dealer to replace or repair it free of charge. If you do this within six months of receiving the car, and it is reasonable to expect it to have lasted for the period of time you have had it, it will be assumed that the problem existed when you bought the car, unless the dealer can show otherwise. However, you can still ask for a replacement or a repair for up to six years from the date that you bought the car, if it is reasonable for it to have lasted that long. In this case, it will be up to you to show that the car was faulty at the time of sale. The longer you have had the car, the more difficult it is to prove that the fault was there at the time of sale.

If:

 it is impossible to replace or repair the car; or

 replacement or repair would be unreasonably costly for the seller when compared with alternative remedies; or

 the seller fails to replace or repair the car within a reasonable time of having agreed to do so, or causes you significant inconvenience

then:

 you can ask for a partial or full refund. The amount of money you get back may be reduced to take account of any use that you have had out of the car.

Compensation

You may be entitled to compensation if:

 the contract has been broken (breach of contract) because the vehicle is not as described, of satisfactory quality or fit for its purpose

 the dealer has made a false statement about the car to make you buy it (for example, telling you it has had a new engine fitted when the engine is reconditioned)

Hi there all,

I just bought IS220d SE-L. she is out of warranty.

I noticed that the camera guide lines are not straight in the box when the wheels are straight.

i have attached the picture to show what i mean.

i need to know is there a way to reset the guide lines?

in the picture is looks like the car wheels are turned but they are straight. the car does have after market wheels. not sure if that would make a difference.

What your picture shows suggests that the steering alignment has been altered i.e. maybe re-tracked when the steering was not centred. This can also show by the steering wheel not being centred when the car is going straight ahead. Alternatively, the transducer that provides the system with the straight-ahead position is misaligned. Theoretically, if the supplying garage won't play ball, you could take it to a Lexus Garage for a report/repair and send the sellers the bill - then spend a lifetime trying to get them to pay it.

meri_gadi, have you tried going into the diagnostics menu and adjusting the camera calibration from there?

If you don't know how to get into that menu, follow these steps:

1) Make sure headlights are fully off

2) Turn on the engine

3) Press & Hold the INFO button on the NAV unit

4) Switch the parking lights on & off 3 times

5) Release the INFO button and you should be in the diagnostics menu

Once you are in there, there is the section that lets you adjust and calibrate the camera

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links